PDA

View Full Version : First outing

pctarmor
03-31-2013, 05:19 PM
I did a lake test when I bought the boat in January but that was pretty brief. Today we took the boat out for a cruise to see how everything works. There are a few points that I need some help on.
My tower bolts with the black handles seem like the previous owner stripped them out. I have regular bolts on the inside holes and the stock bolts with black handles on the outside but they are not tight when I put the tower back together. I'm tightening the inside bolts with a crescent wrench so the tower is solid. Should I use regular bolts on the outside holes as well since the other ones won't tighten up?
All of the ballast worked fine except it seemed like the center bag filled up when I was on the road. I opened the center storage area and the bag was full of air. Will it be ok to fill the bag with water when it's puffed up?
All in all great cruise today. Stereo was jamming and the lake was butter. Still a little chilly, 46 degree water temp but great to be out!

Zim
04-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I did a lake test when I bought the boat in January but that was pretty brief. Today we took the boat out for a cruise to see how everything works. There are a few points that I need some help on.
My tower bolts with the black handles seem like the previous owner stripped them out. I have regular bolts on the inside holes and the stock bolts with black handles on the outside but they are not tight when I put the tower back together. I'm tightening the inside bolts with a crescent wrench so the tower is solid. Should I use regular bolts on the outside holes as well since the other ones won't tighten up?
All of the ballast worked fine except it seemed like the center bag filled up when I was on the road. I opened the center storage area and the bag was full of air. Will it be ok to fill the bag with water when it's puffed up?
All in all great cruise today. Stereo was jamming and the lake was butter. Still a little chilly, 46 degree water temp but great to be out!

You're already out in Missouri? Man I'm jealous. I've been tempted to dewinterize a couple times, but I keep seeing freezing temps come back into the forecast. Soon!!