PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

pctarmor
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I posted in service and repair but didn't see any responses.

I did a lake test when I bought the boat in January but that was pretty brief. Today we took the boat out for a cruise to see how everything works. There are a few points that I need some help on.
My tower bolts with the black handles seem like the previous owner stripped them out. I have regular bolts on the inside holes and the stock bolts with black handles on the outside but they are not tight when I put the tower back together. I'm tightening the inside bolts with a crescent wrench so the tower is solid. Should I use regular bolts on the outside holes as well since the other ones won't tighten up?All of the ballast worked fine except it seemed like the center bag filled up when I was on the road. I opened the center storage area and the bag was full of air. Will it be ok to fill the bag with water when it's puffed up?All in all great cruise today. Stereo was jamming and the lake was butter. Still a little chilly, 46 degree water temp but great to be out!

txnight
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Not sure about your question about the tower.

You can fill the ballast bags when they are are full of air assuming that your drain line is clear. The air will be forced out the drain line during filling.

Bill D.

mydogzeke
04-01-2013, 10:50 PM
I had an issue with my tower bolts... (cheap zinc bolts that came with the tower). They stripped pretty easily and rusted. I purchased a few new bolts and covered them in Loc-Tite thread locker, then screwed them in. If they are not catching at all, you may have to re-tap them and bore out new threads. The thread locker held mine in pretty well; previously, the normal day-to-day vibrations was causing them to loosen on their on. Hope that helps...