PDA

View Full Version : 96 Pirata, opinions???

FULL-THROTTLE
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I am looking at a 1996 pirata this weekend, anyone have any pro or cons feel free to chime in. I will be using the boat for tubing, skiing and wakeboarding, maybe surfing?

Thanks,

Fran

FULL-THROTTLE
04-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I cant find any pics of this boat, anyone have any?

Jetlink
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I cant find any pics of this boat, anyone have any?

Googer just had his classic Pirata restored by Donny, there's a thread here with plenty of pics of his Pirata if you're strictly looking for pics to see what a Pirata looks like.

gogger
04-04-2013, 06:29 PM
I love my pirata. An open bow would be nice, but the boat is so unique. Most people can't figure out what it is, and have never seen anything like it.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/gogger/2012-09-07170726_zps846dae82.jpg

rkhodges21
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I just found a 91 in Portland, OR for sale. Boat looks great according to my amateur eye, but what is a good price for one assuming good condition? What questions would I need to ask to know whether its a good deal? How many years did Supra produce this boat?

crystal waters
05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
here is a pic of a brochure I have from 1989 approx
you can take your specs from it for the Pirata12035

haugy
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I just found a 91 in Portland, OR for sale. Boat looks great according to my amateur eye, but what is a good price for one assuming good condition? What questions would I need to ask to know whether its a good deal? How many years did Supra produce this boat?

If it's that black one that was immaculate for around $14, I'd say go for it. That Pirata was the best looking Pirata I've ever seen (sorry Gogger). If I had mad cash flow that would have been mine. But while it's a lot for that boat, it was immaculate.

They are great boats for sure:

http://boatsaleads.com/wp-content/uploads/1991-supra-pirata--1.jpg

rkhodges21
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
If it's that black one that was immaculate for around $14, I'd say go for it. That Pirata was the best looking Pirata I've ever seen (sorry Gogger). If I had mad cash flow that would have been mine. But while it's a lot for that boat, it was immaculate.

They are great boats for sure:

Yeah, I wish I could afford a boat like that. I know that the cuddy takes up some room for seating so it would be hard to get my wife's parents and siblings out with us (ah shucks!), but I really like the thought of a cuddy for my daughter.

This boat is the same hull as a Saltare correct?

gogger
05-07-2013, 09:26 PM
No offense taken, I love my boat, but would like a different color better. I think Century63 has a really nice looking 88 pirata. I like that color combo way better. I think the aqua color looks a little dated. I do want to add a stripe and some lettering, just not sure what to do. If any one has some suggestions I am happy to listen.