PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Wiring for 86 supra sunsport - no power

awesomesteven
04-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi guys, new here.

I have an 86 supra sunsport and I'm not getting any power to it. I got the boat cheap because it had sunk a while back and was sitting out for a few years. I know I'm going to redo the stringers, but I want to get the motor running before I do anything to it.

I can't seem to figure out the wiring. It seems whoever owned the boat previously didn't have a breaker (I bought a new one). Could I get some help on how to connect the wires? or pictures?

I can't seem to add an attachment but I'll add one when I can figure it out.

awesomesteven
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm pointing to what I think might be the problem.

awesomesteven
04-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok.
1) orange wire goes to the breaker
2) short red wire goes from (+) post to the breaker

Where does the bottom red wire go? (+) post or breaker with orange wire ?

I temporarily put the red with the orange wire on the breaker but I'm still not getting any power to any of the accessories or ignition. I know I'm getting 12.5 volts to the starter relay, what could be the issue?

Also, what is the 'pin connector' supposed to look like. Did some of my pins erode or are there not supposed to be any pins there.

awesomesteven
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Pin connector

lively
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
ok one quick way to determine if the solenoid is the problem is to jump it out from the batt+ to the + of the starter wire .. this will manually engage starter and turn engine over , if it does then you will want to un tape the harness that has the two pins that are broke off .. and go to local parts house and either find a new style connector or just butt splice the broken leads .. once you have done this the points and coil should have +pos 12.0v to fire the plugs in turn fire the engine .. 817NINENINE^30FIVE1 if you have anymore issues
-lively-

awesomesteven
04-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks lively, I'll have to give that a shot. Before I do that, I have a question about the firing order. I know the firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (on the tag) and I need to connect the spark plug to the distributor cap in that order (counterclock wise). My question is - is cylinder 1 start on right front side of the engine (if we were looking at the engine top-view with the front of the engine at the top)? It seems they were connected in a random order that didn't make sense.

awesomesteven
04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I found this online - I'm guessing its the right one? 12000

awesomesteven
04-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Got this problem fixed. Must have been a loose wire somewhere.