PDA

View Full Version : oil dipstick

Jdm89supra
04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
ok here we go. I have ben rebuilding my 89 conbrio for about four months. the motor has had a complete overhaul. still have a few kinks to work out with the carb. I have noticed sense I have had this boat when I raise the dog house cover my dip stick for the oil pops up. when I say pops up if you were to push it all the way in the 3/8 of an inch that seats the stick that's how much it pops up. so the dip stick will seat right back down. run it for a little while same thing pops back up. no oil is coming out at all it just pops out the oil pressure at start up cold is right below 60 and after it sits for a few min and warms up drops to right under 40. while under load or take off it is around 60. oil pressure has never gone above 80 at all. it also only gose to around 80 right after we put in and take off when cold but backs off to around 50 or so when running. but still for the life of me have never seen a dipstick pop out or up. has anyone else ever had this happen or what could cause this. it also has crossed my mind what if it is not the right dipstick I am the second owner and the hole boat had had a tuff life that's y I had to rebuild it.

gogger
04-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Any chance it is catching on the dog house when you lift it up? Might be staying in place until you lift it to check. Try running it with the dog house up and see if it does it.

angus2112
04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
check the pvc if the engine is building crank pressure it will blow the dipstick out

haugy
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
check the pvc if the engine is building crank pressure it will blow the dipstick out

This. If it isn't snagging like Gogger says, you could have pressure blowing it out and you need to address that quickly.

Jetlink
04-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Not trying to split hairs here but isn't is a PCV valve and not a PVC valve?

Salty87
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
yessir

Positive
Crankcase
Ventilation

Jdm89supra
04-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks to all who ha e replied it was the pcv valve