PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform Pad

Lance
04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I know there has been a lot of chat on platform pads, but any help would be appreciated. I wanted to see if anybody bought a new pad from there Supra dealership , and what there opinion is on the quality on the product. I was quoted 280$ which is about the same as a Seadek, but I don't have to make a template for my 2005 Launch 21V.

haugy
04-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I use Hyrdo-turf. They offer sheets of rubber mats like you would see in a Jet-ski or boat. You can buy it in sheets, and you just cut to fit. I always use this stuff as it never bleeds (which means you get in the boat with black feet and it leaves marks on the seats), and it's very durable. As well as it's super soft and comfortable to get on your knees or sit down on.

http://hydroturf.com/products/Sheets_of_Hydro-Turf/PWC_+_Boating They also offer "B" sides, which means blemished. I've gotten B-side before for my trailer and I couldn't tell a thing was different from my normal stuff. And it's half the price. $50.

If you do go with this, they offer a 3M adhesive backing. Not worth it. It will fail, I know. You can get marine grade caulk and put it on the back and it will hold like a champ.

Here is my old Mariah with it on the platform and the trailer.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Boat%20pics/P1040881.jpg

luke22885
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
I was in the exact same situation you are in now last year when I bought my 05 21v that had no pad on it at all. Through this site i was told to contact [email protected]. I got a custom made pad with the Supra emblem in it, made from sea deck and I absolutely love it. Was somewhere in the $200 range. Very simple to install and he has the pattern so you dont have to make a template. I will try to find the pictures I took of it and get it posted up on here.

luke22885
04-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I think I just deleted picture of it off my phone yesterday. I am going up to where I store the boat tonight and can take a picture and email it to you, text it, or try and post it up one here if you want me to. I ended up finding that I payed like $240 shipped.

Aubrey8100
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
I am currently using SeaDek. It is made from closed-cell EVA content that will not process water and is quickly used with our resilient, simple to implement peel and stick adhesive. Each pad begins with 5mm foam on the end for comfort and cushioning. The prices are bitterly high but a good one in.

crystal waters
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM
love the pic of the back of the mariah and trailer!
One of my favorite models of supra!
obviously in primo shape!
must have hurt to see go!

KG's Supra24
04-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I put a SeaDek on mine last year. I had some frustrations with delivery time but i think I hit them at a busy time. I've been happy with it. Looks and feels good.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/18/e8u3a5u9.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SupraLaunch21V
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
@ KG
Looks great. I called SeaDek and wanted to order mine, but they don't do the colors I want. I asked for an all black pad and they said that in their experience it shrinks if you are in a high temp zone where it hits 90-100 daily. THen I asked about red, and they said it fades to pink. . bummer. But yours looks great.

Lance
04-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I ordered a seadek from viper customs.

KG's Supra24
04-23-2013, 05:17 PM
@ KG
Looks great. I called SeaDek and wanted to order mine, but they don't do the colors I want. I asked for an all black pad and they said that in their experience it shrinks if you are in a high temp zone where it hits 90-100 daily. THen I asked about red, and they said it fades to pink. . bummer. But yours looks great.

Yea, I wanted a red and black combo and pretty much got shut down. I settled on colors but have been happy with it. Got it pretty close to matching the dark grey in the interior.

Lance
05-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Jim at viper customs had 2 seadek faux teak pads with out logo in stock. I got one of them for $150, and installed it and it looks great.

TitanTn
05-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Jim at viper customs had 2 seadek faux teak pads with out logo in stock. I got one of them for $150, and installed it and it looks great.

We're going to need to see a pic so we can see just how great it is.