PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lanier Moomba/Supra get together.

michael hunter
04-08-2013, 07:47 AM
This was posted by E4NASH on the Moomba forum.

Lake Lanier Moomba/Supra Jam suggestion thread
So I've decided to organize the jam for this year. If its successful we'll make it an annual thing and hopefully it will prove and grow after each year.

So right now I'm looking for date and area of the lake suggestions. Right now I'm looking at the Bald Ridge Area because it has a campground or Charleston park because it is our home ramp and 6 mile cans 4 mile are great places to ride and some good hangout/chill/beach spots in that area. If you have a suggestion let me know soon as I looking to lick this down within the next week or 2.

I'm also thinking about renting a house for my family for the weekend and having it there on a Saturday. That way we have an easily accessible base camp like Drew has had with his place on Sinclair. I'm leaning pretty hard in that direction. The house is in the Bald Ridge area across the way from the campground and park.

Let me know your thoughts and who would be interested in coming.

This event is being held on the weekend of June 22. Check the thread on the Moomba forum for more details.

Kma4444
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Have to check our calendars and see if we can make that. Now that the lake has water again I can actually tie the boat up at my dad's place.

e4nash
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
This will be held the weekend of June 22 with the cookout on that Saturday 6/22. I'm just working on the location details. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inair
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I have vacation that week. I can tentatively say that sounds fun and we will plan to be there for at least some of the festivities 8-)

kriley
04-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Michael - I think I have a seminar that weekend - if not I will be their! Also, I have a grill that can cook about 100 to 120 hambergers at a time on with three burners for pots if this might be useful! The grill is on a trailer - I use this to cook for my customers - also about 5 huge coolers too

chadjitsu1
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
First post form the Moomba side, I am in for sure and willing to help out in any way I can. Hopefully we can get a good group together.

michael hunter
04-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I live across the street from the lake whatever I can do just let me know.

e4nash
04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
As far as location goes here is what I was thinking:

Option 1: Rent the Pavilion at Young Deer Park. The good thing about Young Deer is there is great water there. The not so good is there isn't really any area where everyone could tie up/beach and come ashore to hangout, eat, etc..

Option 2: We have it on an island where there is plenty of room for people to anchor and tie up and come ashore to hang out. The only problem with that is getting the supplies to the beach/island. Myself and a couple other guys from the Moomba board think we can work that part out actually. So I guess it's up to what most of you would like to do.

Was thinking about one of the islands in front of 6 Mile. Due to the water level being so high I haven't checked to see how those beaches are now. Planning to do that tomorrow.

Let me know what you all think. I'm planning to have everything set by the 22nd so it provides two months notice so people can make whatever arrangements they need.

michael hunter
04-14-2013, 07:22 AM
I have a 25' pontoon we could load up at my house and use as a supply ship to get grills and food to the location.
e4Nash if you are on the lake today give me a call and maybe we can get together. 219-712-5060

e4nash
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Michael, that would be great! I'm not going to be on the water today but should be next weekend. I checked those islands yesterday and the beaches are gone right now but that's not to say they won't be there in late June. It's kinda hard to plan to use 'em not knowing what the corps will do though...

e4nash
04-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Official announcement coming tonight. Have some good things planned and more things to announce as it gets closer. Hope we have a good turnout. Had to move the date to June 15th to accommodate one of the sponsors. It was either the 15th or the 29th and I figured the 29th was too close to July 4th...could be good and could be bad as people probably already have 4th plans locked in.

But good things coming for sure!