PDA

View Full Version : 325 PFI Assult performance upgrades

Just one more
07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey has anyone out there investigated or done anything to there 325's to increase H.p. and or torque? would like to hear what you all have done or thought about doing.

99 LAUNCH
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Indmar has a new exhaust manifold on the 345hp engine. They say the manifolds are suppose to increase hp and torque. They look like they would flow much better than the old style ones.

lowdrag
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I don't think that there's a whole lot out there in the way of easy bolt on performance for these motors like there is for their automotive counterparts. Add in the fact that these engines already take advantage of not being emissions restricted and gain a lot from that. I'm sure you could bump the power levels, but I think it would take some serious money and labor. You also run the risk of having a motor that has great dyno numbers but doesn't perform well under the real world conditions that these boats are used for. For what it's worth, the prop is the best place to look for performance but it's give and take there as well, top speed vs. low end pulling.

1988comp
07-11-2006, 08:39 PM
unless you are trying to outrun your buddies Formula 28, just get a way-smaller prop. You will be surprised at what it will do for you.

You probably have a 13x13 or bigger, get the smalles prop you can find and start there.

Be sure to limit the RPM to 5500 or so, it may run faster than redline with a 12x16 or 13x12.