PDA

View Full Version : 325 assault fluid change questions

pctarmor
04-11-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm getting ready to change the fluids on my engine, vdrive, and trans. A couple of quick questions as I've never done this service on my boats before, typically had a dealer do it.
What oil & filter do you guys recommend? I typically use Mobil 1 in all of my cars/trucks but didn't know if that was a bad idea in the boat.
Do you use standard Auto Trans fluid in the trans? Anything special with the V drive or just the recommended #30 heavy duty non detergent motor oil?
I'm planning on just using a simple vacuum pump to drain everything, any other recommendations?

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I am using Royal Purple 20/50 Synthetic oil because I find the 15/40 not quite heavy enough for the warm water lake and high tempertures we get at our lake in the desert.Oil filter I am using K&N filter designed for synthetic oil. In the transmission I use Red Line D4 synthetic ATF, as for your V Drive use the recommended non detergent motor oil.

If you are doing alot of surfing with lots of ballast use 1/2 liter more engine oil and a extra pint of ATF in your Velvet Drive. This helps Transmission and Engine when under heavy load at extreme bow lift or heaving leaning to one side

Mobil 1 makes a pretty good Synthetic ATF Fluid that I have used in the past also and is approved for dextron type GM ATF

docdrs
04-20-2013, 10:03 PM
shell rotella 15 40, mobile1 filters are what I use, Dexron III or compatible for the tranny and sae 30 for the vdrive.......its not rocket science. assuming your post 1999 engine...jmo

MJHKnox
04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
+1 on what docdrs said. I use the same stuff.

I built a battery operated pump from parts at Northern Tool (sprayer pump). Worked great. Easier to get the fluids out.

Theres a thread somewhere on this forum that listed the part numbers.

Mark
2007 Supra SSV