PDA

View Full Version : New boat owner, bilge blower mounting.

jw1466
04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey there,

I'm the proud owner of a '99 Supra Legacy, just picked it up Saturday. Was going over it all when I noticed the bilge blower was not mounted and just rolling around under there, couldn't see any obvious place where it's supposed to mount. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, comments or things to know about this particular model would be great appreciated! I'm new to all of this and would love y'alls input!

Thanks

chris young
04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Qo1eqJa.jpg

If you look at the right hand side of the picture, you'll see half of the blower just at the top corner of the gas tank. Mine is an '84 Rider, so I can't say if it would be in the same place on the legacy but it's a start.

awesomesteven
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Mine is/was in the same spot. It was taken off b/c the previous owner took the gas tank out. It looks like it was on a piece of plywoodwhich was glassed onto the hull to hold it in place.

jw1466
04-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys, the old one whined so I went ahead and bought a new one. I'm planning on installing it this weekend. Thanks for the input!

Also, I'm thinking about putting a tower on it. I've got a 5' pylon, so I can have all of the advantages of a tower as far as skiing behind it go. I guess I'm just wondering if its worth the $1500 for the looks, speaker options, and storage for the boards. Thanks!

Ptownkid
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
You said skiing, then mention boards...i imagine it makes very little difference for skiing, but it makes a huge difference for boarding.

awesomesteven
04-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys, the old one whined so I went ahead and bought a new one. I'm planning on installing it this weekend. Thanks for the input!

Also, I'm thinking about putting a tower on it. I've got a 5' pylon, so I can have all of the advantages of a tower as far as skiing behind it go. I guess I'm just wondering if its worth the $1500 for the looks, speaker options, and storage for the boards. Thanks!

I know big air wake has one for $600

jw1466
04-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the tower suggestion. I meant boarding when I said skiing, I would imagine that boarding with a 5' pylon wold be the same as boarding behind a tower? If it is the same, I don't think I can justify putting a tower on it, or not this season at least.