PDA

View Full Version : ? for Ssltare owners

Bravura88
04-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Had stringers and floor redone and now putting engine back in. How close to the hull does the pan sit to the hull when in? I don't think I have more than an 1/8th of an inch maybe less between the back of the pan and hull. Is this normal for the Saltare? Thx

Salty87
04-21-2013, 09:14 AM
sounds about right. i've never measured but i can't get a finger between the pan and hull.

Bravura88
04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reply Salty! Got her bolted down and aligned today and I kept doing the cardboard test (piece of a package box to slide between pan & hull) to make sure I still had clearance. Don't know how much space between them but its not much! Thx again!

TitanTn
04-21-2013, 09:24 PM
sounds about right. i've never measured but i can't get a finger between the pan and hull.

Same here.

sybrmike
04-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Yep, it's tight. I was having a fit trying to align mine after the rebuild & finally found the engine was resting on a screw hose clamp I had put on the pan drain hose. fortunately, replacing the screw clamp with a spring clamp was all the clearance I needed (and had).

wotan2525
04-22-2013, 11:38 AM
My oil drain plug would sit on the floor of the boat -- this was before I hammered an indent into the oil pan so that I could fit in a hydraulic fitting for a remote drain.

And then -- when that hit the bottom of the hull and eventually broke the fitting, I welded that hole shut and added a bung to the side of the oil pan for the drain.

So... it's VERY tight to the hull of the boat when installed.

jasun
04-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Great question and answers. I will be there in about a month!

Bravura88
04-23-2013, 06:09 PM
No doubt its tight. I was running into the same problem with the oil drain plug hitting the hull! Thx for the replays guys makes me feel better thatsomethung wasn't screwed up in the build!