PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Lake Lanier, Georgia Moomba/Supra Jam

e4nash
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Kick off the summer season with fellow Moomba and Supra owners at the 2013 Lake Lanier, Georgia Moomba/Supra Jam!!

Date: June 15, 2013
Time: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

Sponsors: Pull Watersports (www.pullwatersports.com), more TBA!

This should be a great time where we can all get together and meet each other and maybe even learn a few things about our boats, how to do a new trick, try out a different board, get a pull behind a different boat, or try out something you may have never done before like wake surfing or skating.

Hamburgers and Hot dogs will be provided. A grill will be there as well so if you don't feel like having a dog or a burger feel free to bring whatever you'd like to slap on the grill. If you have something special that you'd like to bring to share with everyone please do so. Also, if you would like to bring something to contribute that would be great! Just shoot me a PM and let me know what you'd like to bring or I can let you know what is needed.

We have teamed up with Pull Watersports on Lake Lanier to put this event on and we are working on adding some other great sponsors as well. We are planning on having some special give-a-ways and will be raffling off a few items at the event too! More details to come on the who and the what!

The launch ramp closest to the location is Young Deer Park (http://www.lakelanierparks.com/Young_Deer_Park.html). The address of the ramp is 7300 Heard Rd. Cumming, GA. If launching your boat at Young Deer you will pull out from the ramp and you will see an island to the left. We will be setup on this island. There is a beach area and plenty of room for everyone to anchor just off shore and hang out. The water in Young Deer is usually great so there should be great conditions for any watersport. Here is a shot of the area. A is the primary location B would be the secondary location:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/eforinash/Locations_zps7c5520f7.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/eforinash/media/Locations_zps7c5520f7.jpg.html)

If you would like to camp the nearest campground is Shady Grove Campground. It is not too far from Young Deer Park. http://www.forsythco.com/DeptPage.asp?DeptID=40&PageID=812

This is a family event and children are welcome, will be present, and ABSOLUTELY encouraged to be there! Please respect this event and those around you and keep this in mind. We are all adults so I shouldn't have to mention what this means. If there is any inappropriate activity you will be asked to leave by the event organizers.

We can't wait to get out there and share some good times with some good people...should be a rockin' time!!!

e4nash
04-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Now on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaMoombaSupraJam

e4nash
04-30-2013, 10:10 AM
New Sponsor added!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/eforinash/Wetsounds_zpsf2961106.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/eforinash/media/Wetsounds_zpsf2961106.jpg.html)

We've got some GREAT things in the works! Get ready!!!

e4nash
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
We will have the full lineup of Liquid Force wake surfers available to test ride at the jam! Courtesy of Pull Watersports and Liquid Force!

Also, we have a few things lined up especially for the kids to get them involved and winning some prizes!

We'll be having a raffle for some great items. Tickets can be purchased at the jam and cash is preferred however this being the digital age we can accept debit/credit as well. Raffle items and ticket price to be revealed soon!

Just over a month away!!

DeanoFF
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
wish i could make it thats Bonaroo weekend though thanks for the invite sounds fun!
Zach

e4nash
05-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Haven't seen much activity on this board so I thought I'd check and see who all from the Supra crew is planning to make the jam? On the Moomba side we've got a couple of folks who are going to make the pull up from FL. They may win the prize for longest pull. Anyone else from outside Georgia/ATL?

michael hunter
05-23-2013, 07:12 AM
I might get the prize for the shortest pull at 1/10 of a mile and a 10 min boat ride. Is Atlanta Marine going to be at the event with a couple promo boats?

e4nash
05-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Michael, at this time no, Atlanta Marine will not have any boats at the event.

I just hope the lake drains a little so we can have a beach! We may be doing this floatilla style!

Would your pontoon still be available?

michael hunter
05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Just put a new alternator on the toon I will have it out sometime this weekend for sea trials if all goes well it will be available. I will probably be at young deer this evening to check out the surf demo. Maybe ill see you there.

e4nash
05-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Just put a new alternator on the toon I will have it out sometime this weekend for sea trials if all goes well it will be available. I will probably be at young deer this evening to check out the surf demo. Maybe ill see you there.

If you are there you will see me

michael hunter
05-26-2013, 08:18 AM
The lake is warming up I read 80 degrees water temp on thursday at Young Deer. With 20 days to go I think its time for a head count . I will start it out . If you are not bringing a boat let us know and we will get you a ride.

Mike and Gail Hunter
89 Sunsport

inair
05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
My family and I will be there with our boat.

e4nash
05-29-2013, 04:54 PM
T-Shirt design is completed and I am getting ready to place the order. So like Cody and David did last year for the Texas Jam I am going to offer these up to board members. Let me know how many you'd like and what sizes. I'm pretty sure the cost will be $15 shipped or $10 if you want to pick up locally or at the jam. I'm still waiting on a final quote but I think that is what we are looking at right now. I will post up my paypal address when I know the final price.

Here's the design:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/eforinash/georgiafrontback_zps49baf3fc.jpg (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/eforinash/media/georgiafrontback_zps49baf3fc.jpg.html)

michael hunter
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Count me in for 1 X Large and 1 Med I will pick them up at the get together. Let me know how you want the money sent to you or I can look you up on the lake. Thanks for all the work you have put into this.

e4nash
06-03-2013, 08:26 AM
I received the final quote for the shirts and I was a little off in my previous quote. The price for the shirts will be $20. This will be the same if the shirt is shipped or picked up at the jam. I need to know sizes and quantities ASAP!

e4nash
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Raffle tickets will be $10. The proceeds from the raffle help cover the cost of the jam.

We have rented the pavilion at Young Deer Creek park and will be having hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.

The more tickets you buy the greater chance you have of winning some great items! Tickets will be available at the jam.

Items to be raffled off from:

Wetsounds
Pull Watersports
Liquid Force
Rockstar
Babes Boats

More detailed list coming soon!

inair
06-03-2013, 11:24 AM
This is getting close. I thought there might be more participation from folks here in the area on the Supra side?

e4nash
06-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah, there seems to be a lot more interest on the Moomba side. Hopefully the Supra brethren will show their support in person at the Jam instead of posting here on the board. It'll be a good time for sure!

michael hunter
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I hate to say it but most of my Supra brethren are poopers. I would say its because its an older crowd but the Correct Craft members pack them in . Nevertheless ALL are welcome you wont be sorry.

Jetlink
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I hate to say it but most of my Supra brethren are poopers. I would say its because its an older crowd but the Correct Craft members pack them in . Nevertheless ALL are welcome you wont be sorry.

It's a bit of a drive for me to make this event...does that make me a "pooper?"

michael hunter
06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Jet if you fly in I will pick you up and supply you with a Supra Comp to attend the gathering not to mention a complimentary stay at the Chateau de Hunter. Are you a pooper Id say not after coming the the Tenn reunion last year . I wish more had your passion.

Geary101
06-04-2013, 12:45 PM
these forums are terrible for recruiting people to events. Best to do it via the dealerships' customer list in your area.

Last owners reunion we had in orlando attracted 175 people and only about 20 of those folks learned of the event from the Supra/Moomba forums.

e4nash
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
these forums are terrible for recruiting people to events. Best to do it via the dealerships' customer list in your area.

Last owners reunion we had in orlando attracted 175 people and only about 20 of those folks learned of the event from the Supra/Moomba forums.

We have flyers in the local dealership and the dealership is obviously aware of the event. Not sure how much promoting of it they are doing though. We've also put flyers in a few key businesses around town. Social networking (Facebook) has also been helpful getting the word out. We've also passed out flyers to people in Moomba and Supra Boats on Lake Lanier the past few weekends. We are expecting a good turnout. I doubt it will be 175 people but it should be pretty good for the first one. Next year we will take it to another level!

We are almost sold out of shirts! We will have a few extra but not too many!

e4nash
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
You looking for Quality or Quantity?
If you have 175 people show up, I can promise you I will not attend any event with those numbers. Large numbers don't appeal to us older "poopers."

I am much more interested in quality over quantity at any event I have ever done. However, when going after a profit you need both but for an event like this I am more concerned with quality so people have a good time and they come back next time. A quality event will always get you quantity at future events.

This is just about getting together, meeting folks, and having some fun.

e4nash
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
For those of you interested in camping Shady Grove Campground is the closest campground to the Young Deer Creek Park. The Jam festivities will be actually at the park and not at one of the islands in the lake. There will be a place to anchor your boat and tie up and come ashore.

Shady Grove Campground: http://lakelanierparks.com/Shady_Grove_Park.html

Young Deer Park: http://www.lakelanierparks.com/Young_Deer_Park.html

e4nash
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
We will no longer be having Hamburgers and Hotdogs at the jam. Mestizos Southwest Grill and Taqueria is going to be catering the event! Thanks to everyone who is coming out for this event! We can't wait and hopefully neither can you all!!

For more info on Mestizos click here: http://www.mymestizo.com/

Geary101
06-04-2013, 06:40 PM
"Large numbers don't appeal to us older "poopers.""?????

Oh c'mon. What are ya... 70 some years old?

Hell, I'm 58 years old and the one who put the event together. We (Skiers Choice and Watersports of Central Florida) were actually trying to break the attendance record of the Lake Havasu event.

Actually, with everyone taking part in all the activities, it never seemed like a lot of people were around you.

michael hunter
06-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Ed will we be seeing you there on the 15th?

e4nash
06-05-2013, 04:45 PM
The jam festivities will be at the pavillion at Young Deer Creek Park. It will no longer be at an island in the lake. the lake level is too high and there aren't any beaches available. Here is an updated map image of the location of Young Deer Creek park and it's relation to the campground at Shady Grove;

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969492_235265206598069_1879690598_n.jpg

e4nash
06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Shirts have been ordered and will be ready next week. If you've already requested a shirt and would like to pay prior to the jam or if you can't make it and need me to ship it (Free) to you my Paypal address is [email protected].

If you haven't requested a shirt there will be a few available at the jam but they are first come first serve.

HyperCVAD198
06-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey Guys,

New to the forums, but figured I'd throw in that we'll be swinging by for a bit. Always good to meet new people!

michael hunter
06-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome Hyper what model Supra-Moomba do you have ? Is lanier your home lake? We love pics here .

Geary101
06-09-2013, 06:43 AM
"Ed will we be seeing you there on the 15th? "

No. Having surgery on the 11th. Doing it now so I can get back to training for next year's Boston Marathon.

I have some unfinished business to take care of on Boylston St

LDHFFF
06-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Just joined the Supra forum and found this thread but have been in contact with Jennie @ Pull Watersports about this event. My family will be there with our 22' Supra Sunsport V, Red on White coloring. Our good friends will be out as well with their 22' Supra Launch SSV. Looking forward to the festivities and thanks for all the organization.

e4nash
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
THIS WEEKEND!!!

So far the weather looks to be good for the jam! About 90 degrees from this coming Wed - Sun. Water temp on Saturday was about 81 degrees.

e4nash
06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
4 days to go!!

New Raffle ticket structure:
1 ticket $10
2 for $15
3 for $20

Items to be Given away/raffled off

Wetsounds WS420Q
Wetsounds T-shirts
Wetsounds Coozies (5 pk)
Liquid Force 60' Tube
A pair of Gibson style Smith sunglasses
Babes Boat Care products
Skullcandy smoking ear buds
Broodles -(noodle with a cup holder) for chillaxin
T-shirts from Jet Pilot
3 cases Rockstar drinks and Rockstar cooler
T-Shirts from CWB
Reef Beach Umbrellas
***and maybe a few special surprise items to be released at the jam!

e4nash
06-11-2013, 10:45 PM
The event officially starts at 10:00 AM but feel free to come as early as you want. I will be at the location around 8AM, getting things ready to go. My boat will be anchored off shore so you are welcome to tie up to it and come ashore. There will be a liquid Force tent on the shore and you should have no problem spotting us.

It's not going to be a very structured event, as we know, and want everyone to enjoy the day hanging out enjoying the lake. So please come and go as you please. When you do first arrive come to the tent and check in so we can get you registered for additional give-a-ways and get you and your crew wristbands which will allow you access to the free catered lunch later in the day. You can also purchase raffle tickets at that time or any time before the raffle. The raffle will begin at 2:00.

The catered lunch from Mestizos will start at 1:00 and will stop at 2:30. Everything is being provided for lunch with the exception of drinks. We figured everyone would have their coolers stocked full of whatever they wanted to drink anyway. There is no cost for the lunch, however we do encourage you to purchase raffle tickets. Not only do the more tickets you have give you a better chance at winning some great stuff but they also help cover the expenses including the the catered lunch.

We can't wait to have you guys here and are looking forward to a great day at the lake!

michael hunter
06-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I for one want to give a big shout out and thanks to Erik for all the time and work he has put into this event . There can only be one first and this one looks like its been done right. When I lived up north Ultimate Water Sports hosted a owners reunion every year on Fox Lake. I attended 4 of them each one better than the previous year. I had to drive 115 miles to get there but they were all worth the trip. This year we have added a new addition to the fleet and both boats will be attending the festivities. I hope this is just the start of a annual gathering for years to come .

suprasam
06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
This looks like its going to be a great time! Sorry I'm going to miss it, but we have a pre-planned June-Fest concert on Allatoona the same day. Enjoy it and grab some pictures to post up here afterwards!

e4nash
06-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I for one want to give a big shout out and thanks to Erik for all the time and work he has put into this event . There can only be one first and this one looks like its been done right. When I lived up north Ultimate Water Sports hosted a owners reunion every year on Fox Lake. I attended 4 of them each one better than the previous year. I had to drive 115 miles to get there but they were all worth the trip. This year we have added a new addition to the fleet and both boats will be attending the festivities. I hope this is just the start of a annual gathering for years to come .

Thanks for the kind words Mike! I've always thought If you're going to do something might as well do it right! If this goes like we think it will I'm pretty sure you can count on this being an annual event. It will only get better and better...

e4nash
06-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Are you all ready for some Shock and Awe?! This just in: Atlanta Marine will be bringing a Supra SA to the jam!

They have also given us 2 $100 gift cards/certificates for the raffle. These can be used at the dealership for service or accessories.

2 days to go!!

inair
06-16-2013, 10:36 AM
We went to the Lake Lanier Supra Moomba Jam yesterday. It was a good time. We met Michael and Mrs Hunter and a few other folks from this board. Great food, great location, beautiful boats, fantastic group of enthusiastic Skiers Choice fans, and a raffle. What more could you ask for. Props to all who played a part in making this come together! Unfortunately I was so busy meeting everyone and pulling the fam that I never thought to take pics. I'm hoping Michael Hunter will post some here soon.

Thanks again for a great time.

michael hunter
06-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Sorry no pics I forgot the camera . What a good showing 18 boats and 70 peeps . Great people, great prizes, great fun . This is just the start it will only get bigger and better in the future. Thanks to all that made this event happen.

e4nash
06-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I've uploaded our pics to the K's Facebook page. All of our pics are from the shore as there was so much going on we didn't get any riding in until after things died down. if anyone has any other pictures please PM me and I'll give you my e-mail or post a link to them so I can get them. I'd really like to post them up on the page.
As I get more pics I will post them up. There are some posted by others on the Moomba board.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237261196398470.1073741832.227206434070613&type=3

HyperCVAD198
06-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Looks like it was a nice event. Sorry we couldn't make it over - we had a full boat and had a few to drop off early - had to maximize time on the water!

Lanier is the home lake for us - hope to see some of ya'll out there!

michael hunter
06-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Hyper
What part of the lake do you ride on?

HyperCVAD198
07-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Mostly the southern part of the lake - we put in at Tidwell, and then bounce around - usually you'll find us around Sunset Cove, and up back in near Young Deer. We're just starting to wakesurf, and have been wakeboarding since last year.

Since everyone was looking for pics - I figured I'd throw this in (We still haven't done an official photoshoot yet - been too busy enjoying it!)

Feel free to come say hey if you see us on the lake!

michael hunter
07-18-2013, 06:56 AM
I launch out of Burton Mill then hunt for good water . We usually end up in Sunset midday when the water gets trashed . We always anchor just south of the cable park.