PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Bag Vent Upgrade Kit for 2008 21V

mgerbos
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Hey folks,

Wanted to know if anyone on the forum has performed this upgrade to their boat and if so they have pics to share? I just recently bought the kit from Wakemakers but I am trying to figure out what is the easiest way to install the T fitting without too much trouble? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

MJHKnox
04-25-2013, 11:21 PM
i just purchased the ballast system upgrade for mr 2007 Supra SSV. I think it's the same system.

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-system-upgrade.html

I'm starting this weekend. Where are you running a "T"? One thru-hull into 2 bags?

Mark

mgerbos
04-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi Mark,

That is where I need some advice. Was hoping some of the folks on the forum had some pics and descvriptions as to what they had to do to set-up the "T" system. I can't reach the thru hull easily and didn't know where everyone else did the work? Let me know if you completed this over the weekend. Thanks.

MJHKnox
05-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I will not be much help. My system has 3 Johnson Pumps:

Each back bag has 1 dedicated pump:
Intake > Valve > Pump > Bag > Vent Line > Out the Side of the Boat.

The Center Locker Bag and IBS Bag share the other pump:
Intake > Valve > Pump > Line to Bosworth Y Valve >
1 Line to the Center Bag
1 Line to the IBS Bag
There's a vent coming from each Bag > Wye Fitting > Check Valve > Out the Side of the Boat.
The Wye fitting is angled down so the water does not back into the other line.

Mark
2007 Supra 22' SSV

pctarmor
05-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Did you complete the mod yet? I'm wondering about getting this myself but was curious as to the level of complexity for the install.