PDA

View Full Version : Need Windshield - 1992 Sunsport

shaskell
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Hello All,

I have a 1992 Sunsport we bought last year and it is a jewel of a boat. We used it all last summer and had a blast. I put it up for the winter behind my company shop and just went out to inspect. Unfortunately, water collected in my cover and pulled the windshield frame over and destroyed the windshield. Does anyone know of a source for the curved glass pieces on the windshield? I can likely bend the frame back into position although I haven't taken a close look at it yet. I'm still recovering from the urge to throw up.

You can contact me direct if you'd prefer. My contact information is cell: 360-536-6499 and my e-mail address is: [email protected].

I live near Seattle, WA. Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer. I read the forums all the time and really appreciate all the information you guys share.

Ptownkid
04-24-2013, 09:52 PM
If you happen to replace the whole thing...I really, really, really need your center section, even if the glass is broken!

AustinSaltare
04-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I spoke with Skiers Choice a couple of years ago about windshields on my '92 Saltare and factory glass was no longer available.
Oceandynamics.com...they can fabricate new from glass or acrylic and repair the frame as needed but that can be a pricey solution...in my case, I was quoted $3800 for both windshields in glass or $1200 in acrylic...keep in mind that acrylic will yellow to some degree over time.

shaskell
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks for that lead. I am fortunate that my insurance is going to cover the cost. I have a $250.00 deductible which is a small price to pay. I'll give them a call.

avlrecycling
04-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Do you know how far back it fits. I have a 1987 Sunsport that I am using as a parts boat.

shaskell
05-07-2013, 01:51 AM
I believe they came out with the curved windshields in 1992. The Sunsports I've seen earlier than '92 had the an angled side window so that glass replacement would be with flat panels, not curved like mine.