PDA

View Full Version : 84 supra

84supra
04-25-2013, 09:02 AM
hey all. so i have a question about my boat. i was given an 84 supra comp ts6m black with chevy 350. the boat was a mess new stringers, floors, all interior, rebuild engine, wheel outside of boat. basically i started with a good prop and thats it! but she is all good to go now. actually about to pull it out of winter storage this weekend! so my question is icant seem to find anything about them ever offering the boat with a chevy engine. they all seem to have ford engines. what gives!?!:confused:

haugy
04-25-2013, 09:24 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, one of these happened:

1) For a period of time they had a shortage of Ford 351w's and they used the Chevy equivalent in the boats.
2) It could have been an engine swap as the 350's with direct drives were very common as well.

But those are my two best guesses. I'm not real confident in either of them as being right. :D

Got any pictures of the engine? And boat?

84supra
04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
i have pics. figuring out how to post them is the problem. me and computers dont get along!! im lucky to figure out how to turn it on. lol
If my memory serves me correctly, one of these happened:

1) For a period of time they had a shortage of Ford 351w's and they used the Chevy equivalent in the boats.
2) It could have been an engine swap as the 350's with direct drives were very common as well.

But those are my two best guesses. I'm not real confident in either of them as being right. :D

Got any pictures of the engine? And boat?