PDA

View Full Version : wake plate gauge wiring

17driver
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
I am replacing a wake plate gauge in a 2005 supra launch 22ssv. My old gauge wiring has 5 post, one with yellow wire, one blue, one post with 2 black, and one with a purple and red. The new gauge has a wiring harness with 2 black, 2 green, one purple and one blue. I would assume 2 black to 2 black and blue to blue put I am not sure what to do with the others. Any ideas?

99bison
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Can you matchup with old guage? Or trace where see of the wires go ofkf the harness to see what it powers?

I wired in a new gauge like this a couple weeks ago and for all my gauges purple was/is usually power, blue is the light power, black grounds, then signals green (two separate posts). This is how the one I installed went.

The greens were skinny little wires.

17driver
04-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks. That makes sense. I will try and work on it tonight or tomorrow and see what I come up with.

17driver
05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Well I finally got the wake plate gauge wired in correctly. I called skiers choice and they sent me a diagram of how to wire it. They were a big help. Turns out that there is a relay box that the old gauge was wired to(the gauge with the post) that acts as a driver. With the new gauge with the wiring harness, the driver is internal so I had to bypass that box all together. So if anybody has to wire in a new style wake plate gauge that has the wiring harness in the back in a 2005 Supra Launch 22ssv it goes like this.

2 green wires from harness to 2 green wires coming from the wake plate
Blue to Blue(gauge lights)
Purple to Purple(power)
2 Black wires, one to ground and the other connects to a bare wire you have to run from the green wires coming from the wake plate

Hopefully this will help someone out if you ever have to change that gauge out. It gave me fits.