PDA

View Full Version : New Ripper on the water

SupraLaunch21V
04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
My family and I went to Coble Ski School in Lillington, NC this past weekend. Great staff and waterski pros. The finale, was my little one, Lilah Jewel, all of 2 1/2 years old, took her first ride on the water all by herself. Proud of that girl.

http://i.imgur.com/KBkaL9M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Tw5INat.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/msyq2Yc.jpg

wotan2525
04-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Cool! How'd they start her? In the water on her knees or off of the swim deck?

Salty87
04-29-2013, 05:37 PM
that's great. water must have been a tad chilly?

Jetlink
04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Cool! How'd they start her? In the water on her knees or off of the swim deck?

Those trainers are designed to "pop" out of the water with the slightest bit of forward motion. I can run along the shore and that provides enough lift to get my cousins who are 7-8 out of the water. You can basically set them up in the water ankle deep, get them set, put the boat in gear and pull away from the water at a high idle and that's usually enough to get them skiing.

Okie Boarder
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Awesome...good for her.

SupraLaunch21V
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Jetlink has it. . . . we started from shore and had the instructor, driver, and everyone coordinating together. April Coble was her coach / cheer leader. So she was in the boat holding the rope and helping the driver. All I had to do was distract the 'new skier' and walk her to the training ski and Apirl did the rest. It was very stable and we didn't miss a beat. At the end of the ride all you have to do is pull the skier to the swim platform and they don't even get wet. I'll post some video somewhere of it, but it was pretty darn cool. My daughter watches the video all the time now.

supraaddict
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Awesome, keepin' the sport alive!

kvand347
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Love it! I was looking at getting something like this for my boys. I think they'd like it if I can convince them to try it. They are a little skiddish when it comes to water sports.

Jetlink
04-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Love it! I was looking at getting something like this for my boys. I think they'd like it if I can convince them to try it. They are a little skiddish when it comes to water sports.

If you do purchase one of these, my advice is to start them out by running along near the shore as you pull them in shallow water that isn't even waist deep on them. Some of my cousins were skiddish about trying skiing to and after a few short runs along the beach they were itching to go behind the boat.

sybrmike
04-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Priceless! That smile says it all. Great job instilling a common family interest.

kvand347
05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
If you do purchase one of these, my advice is to start them out by running along near the shore as you pull them in shallow water that isn't even waist deep on them. Some of my cousins were skiddish about trying skiing to and after a few short runs along the beach they were itching to go behind the boat.

That is a GREAT idea! I've put my oldest son (5 yr old) in my wakeboard and pulled him with that and he liked it. Should be the same with the trainer skis. It's hard when they are so stubborn at such a young age! This is the same kid that will eat corn on the cob like it is going out of style but canned corn is "disgusting" and "I don't like corn!" Smh :rolleyes:

KG's Supra24
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Awesome. Looks like she had a great time!

mgerbos
05-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Hey John,

That pic is priceless. I think I have the same ski trainer at home that I have been using for my daughter. She has since told me that she is a big girl now and no longer needs the ski trainer and wants her own set of skis. If you are considering buying one don't I have one you can have. Enjoy.

SupraLaunch21V
05-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I was really excited for her. Thanks for offering the trainer, very generous. We have one at the house and I think she'll be on it for a while before we put her on two skis. Have you purchased a set of ski's for your daughter yet? I have an HO set I bought that you could use. Lilah won't be on those for a while. Crazy the past few weeks but we have to get up to see you guys. At least the water is getting warmer now.