PDA

View Full Version : Mariah tower info

flynbryn
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Has anyone installed a tower on the mariah's

selle92
07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
a buddy of mine did.. he got a Monster tower and loved it.

Been toying with the idea, but will probably go the Extended pylon route.. least for now.

Got pics of your Mariah?

DKJBama92Mariah
07-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Ditto on the Monster Towers. I've heard NOTHING but rave reviews about them, and they look pretty slick to boot. I've thought about a tower for mine for several years, but i've always had the feeling that it just wouldnt look right. I'm more of a fan of the conservative look for boats: single color over a white hull with no frivolous fashion accesories; classy, conservative, and modest - just what i look for in a boat, and in a woman come to think of it.

Another rant is those that have speakers on their tower; the speakers on the tower aren't the problem, its the jack@$$ controlling the volume that pisses me off. These folks feel COMPELLED to announce their presence with loud, blaring, "i'm mad at my dad" music. I have no problem with it whilst they have a boarder behind the boat making a run down the creek. I've always thought it would be cool to have tunes whilst boarding. It just pisses me off when they come into Tate Slough (which is a semi-secluded lagoon where everybody goes to tie off with other boats and hang out) and blare their music so loud it drowns out twin big-block chevy's. Not to say that i like loud exaust all the time, it can be just as much of an annoyance. It just kinda irks me when some toolbag thinks he's cool with his loud music when its so obnoxiously loud that it manages to drown out 1,000+ cu in of american iron.

OK, just one more for the complaint dept. I get so irked at these posers that buy an 18' Larson with a 4.3 v6 and a ghetto looking tower and brag about how great their "wakeboard" boat is. I even saw one last weekend where the "Larson" decal was made to look like the Supra decal that comes on the newer ones; dead center of the boat and everything else. Come to think of it, i don't think i've ever seen anybody boarding behind one of these things. Towers were invented first for the purpose of providing an elevated point to attach the ski-rope, and second to mount boards and speakers on. Pop culture has claimed its next victim: the tower has gone from being a functonal piece of equipment that served its purpose well to being a fashion statement of pop culture with NO regard given to the tower's intended purpose. It has digressed to the point where its sole purpose is to mount speakers to annoy other boaters.

OK, I feel a little better now. PLEASE forgive the thread hijack, i just got on a roll venting there and lost track of the topic of the original post. Maybe its time to go see the shrink again :-)

BTW, i would have probably gotten a tower by now, and Monster Tower would be my top choice except for the fact that i've had to lay off boarding for a while b/c of arthritic knees and a screwed up shoulder. If I got a tower, i'd feel like i was another one of those idiots b/c i know i would never use it enough to justify the cost. For $1,500, i'll settle for the standard pylon and make the chunkiest of my friends sit up at the bow, that makes a wake good enough for me.

DKJ