05-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Here is the craigslist post:

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/boa/3780156261.html

haugy
05-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Wow, um good luck.

cadunkle
05-03-2013, 09:17 PM
If stringers are solid I think it's a reasonable price. Question is the tower. It's a chintsy Monster tower and of course to do it nice with a New Dimensions or similar would require some $$$ to patch the holes in the cap. I think the Monster tower drops the value around $2k from asking price, but that's how I'd look at it if I was in the market for another Saltare.Figure $200 for doghouse upholstery to be done nicely (not sure why the carpet?). Overall looks pretty good, but depends on integrity of stringers and floor. Just depends on if buyer doesn't mind a cheap tower that doesn't suit the lines of the boat, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

mapleleaf
05-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Mahogany trim??? Oh boy....

Ptownkid
05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Mahogany trim??? Oh boy....

That cracked me up too...

inair
05-05-2013, 01:19 PM
I've never seen carpet on a motor box before. Don't think I like it.

tezmo
05-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Wow - you guys are brutal - but honest!!
I appreciate the feedback - obviously I have a lot to learn when it comes to selling a boat.

As far as the stringers go - I don't know for sure but the boat floor is solid - I was out of town when my wife bought this boat a few years ago and she had some floor work done and I did not get any feedback on the stringer condition at that time. (To be honest, I knew so very little about boats I couldn't have told you what a "stringer" was then).

Also I have lowered the price. Not because I am under any duress to sell, but because I think the new price better reflects the market value.

Thanks for your inputs - any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Steve

rkhodges21
05-07-2013, 02:00 PM
What is a good price on a boat like this? I am looking for a boat I can board and surf behind, but my wife would really like to have a pontoon for the room, so a 23' boat such as this would be a pretty good compromise...I hope.

wotan2525
05-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I think the price on this boat is reasonable. Good luck with the sale!

haugy
05-07-2013, 04:14 PM
What is a good price on a boat like this? I am looking for a boat I can board and surf behind, but my wife would really like to have a pontoon for the room, so a 23' boat such as this would be a pretty good compromise...I hope.

I'd say it's at a good price at it's current price of $8500.