PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Wiring help!

awesomesteven
05-11-2013, 11:12 PM
So I'm about to hook up the tower speakers and was wondering the best way to do it.

I have to drill a hole in the tower to run the wire through it, but how do I get it so water won't get in through the hole? Are there special plugs I can get or do I just cover the hole with the brackets when I mount the speakers? Anyone have pictures of how they did their setup?

Sirgonz
05-12-2013, 02:30 AM
So I'm about to hook up the tower speakers and was wondering the best way to do it.

I have to drill a hole in the tower to run the wire through it, but how do I get it so water won't get in through the hole? Are there special plugs I can get or do I just cover the hole with the brackets when I mount the speakers? Anyone have pictures of how they did their setup?

mine was done at the factory... prolly going to need some sort of electrician snake to pull a string through and then pull the wires ... this may help... I will look tomorrow where they enter and exit

John

Zim
05-13-2013, 11:43 AM
What year/model is your boat? A lot of the newer boats that came with towers are pre-wired. To keep water out, just drill on the bottom side of the tubing up by where the speakers will be mounted. Does your tower have pivot points to allow you to fold it down? What tower is it?

I just rewired my 06 rad-a-cage yesterday with 4 sets of 12 guage wire. I used the old wire that was already in there to pull the new stuff through. It was not an easy task, so expect it to take a while. One thing that helps a lot is to lube up the wire with some dish soap. That made a world of difference for me.

awesomesteven
05-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Its a tower from big air I think, so I'm drilling the holes and running the wire through. Seems like a staying forward process, I just didn't know where to drill the holes for the wires on the top of the tower - or if there were rubber plugs I could use to cover the holes and still run the wires.