PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer in Rear Storage Locker next to Engine

Dandre227
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Has anyone added a subwoofer to the rear storage lockers on either side of the engine? Does this location produce good bass? Are there any issues with the subwoofer(s) being so close to the engine?

CornRickey
05-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Taking space of ballist and always in a wet area would be my issues with it.

Salty87
05-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Unless you vented the compartments it's not going to work well. That's basically like listening to a car sub from outside the vehicle. The sound is trapped inside.

jzelt
05-15-2013, 04:37 PM
On ours, I suppose you could add one to the "front/bow" side of the panel and have it play toward the back seat. That is out of the way of the ballast and prob a "dryer" spot.

Dandre227
05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
I probly should've included these details in my original post....My port side rear storage compartment is actually open to the next forward compartment under the rear bench seat. We rarely use the ballast bags so that's not a concern to me and I've never had water in either rear compartment (probly b/c I don't use ballast). The boat is a 2008 Supra 22SSV.

I'd like to avoid a custom box build into the port and/or starboard side consoles, which is why I'm thinking to try the rear compartments.

Dandre227
05-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I was able to fit the subwoofer into the port-side cubby under the dash. I was not expecting the sub enclosure to fit so i'm pumped that I don't have to use the rear compartment. Next...building custom box behind the open-air subwoofer under the steering wheel.