PDA

View Full Version : '87 Comp ts6m Wake ballast suggestions...

jtomasik
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Again, newbie to the boating community, having boated only last season. Sorry 'bout starting yet another boat-specific ballast thread. I browsed through the thread titles and didn't see anything on older Comp ts6m's regarding ballast.

Anyway, last year was my first year boating. Bought an open bow 21' Mach1, and later discovered I also wanted to Wakesurf, so bought the '87 Supra (profile pic). Took it on a test ride with its previous owner. He filled two bags, one on the rear seat, one buried in the bow. Offhand I'm not sure what capacity they are, but he gave them to me with the boat. The boat seemed to push a pretty good wake. No doubt it sits low in the water to do it. He showed me and my son how to turn out of the wake so we don't flood the boat. Only used the boat twice after I bought it from him. He didn't give me the pump, so I didn't fill the bags. I tried wakesurfing (first time) on the second trip out with the boat, and I was able to get a lot of slack in the line even with the 'stock' wake.

We're taking it out this weekend, and I'd like some suggestions for this specific boat on how to push a good wake, besides simply filling the bags (adjustment to the wake-plate, location of bags, etc.). Thanks in advance!

Cbower83
05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Good post, I have an 88. I'd like to know the same info

Zim
05-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Each boat will vary on specifics, but the general Idea is to put as much weight in the back corner where you're surfing as possible. Once you do that, play witht he wake plate until it cleans up the wake.