PDA

View Full Version : Well cold hard reality is setting in. The Conbrio is in need of major work

hyghoctane
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Well as many of you know we had an accident in my boat last year. Got it running and running good again but after taking it out a few times on the water I've come to the realization that the stringers and foam are most likely water logged. The boat is sitting at least 4 in lower in the water than before. Gonna tear into it to confirm but my gut tells me my summer plans may be shot. Look for me to be hitting the search button and asking a lot of questions soon to the Supra nation.

suprasam
05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Thats gonna SUCK, good luck with rebuilding. I don't have it in me to do a job like that, I have seen all the post here. Are you going to do the work or pay someone? Hopefully you find good news when you look, but I see that being a small chance.

Jdm89supra
05-23-2013, 11:15 PM
how did your wrap hold up after what happened

Salty87
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
that sucks. some exploratory drilling in the stringers might release some of the water but your days are numbered. if you can get some of the water out you might salvage the summer. it's a nasty kick in the nutsack project but done right you'll never have to do it again.

hyghoctane
05-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah I'm hoping to try and get some water out if we can. I just want to make sure the boat is safe before taking it out again. Hopefully we can get through this summer and tear into it after. I was wanting a bigger boat but wasnt expecting to have a bunch of work on this one first. Day by day I guess

The wrap held up fine, no issues with it at all.