PDA

View Full Version : engine trouble first day out

bens250ex
05-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Was out yesterday everything ran good for several hours, later in the day the boat developed a bad lope at idle and would eventually shut off. I checked the fuel filter and everything looked fine. I was leaning towards a possible carb problem? it was really only doing it after you run the boat and get everything up to temp. I didnt know if it could also possible be a heat soak issue? i pulled the carb and i am going to buy a rebuild kit and clean it out just too see if that will help. I am also going to put new fuel filters on it. Does anyone else have any ideas? boat is a 87 comp with 351 has a holley 80457 carb. I did get fuel at a marina not too long before this problem occured but it seemed to consistant to be a problem with the gas itself but i could be wrong.

bens250ex
05-27-2013, 11:26 AM
after a little research i found out that the carb on my boat is actually an automotive carb and not a marine carb..So now i am faced with rebuild this carb or buy a marine carb. If i buy a new carb should i got with holley or edelbrock?