PDA

View Full Version : Funny story

TitanTn
05-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Okay, after typing it out, maybe it's mildly humorous, but I got a laugh out of it at the time.

This weekend I pulled up to a gas dock that is approachable from both the east and west sides. As I was holding there for a few minutes (sitting in the driver's seat), I didn't notice that another boat pulled up to the other side. Suddenly I heard this guy call out "Hey! Is that a Supra?" And of course I confirmed that it was. "Cool! That's what I'm in. If you take care of these boats they'll run forever!" To his surprise, I asked if he was driving a Comp. "Yes I am, how'd you know?" he asked.

If you can picture a Supra on both sides of the fuel dock, and recognize that the dock is almost 3 feet off the water, and I'm sitting in my boat, you can likely guess as to how I knew he was in a Comp. "Cause I can't see your boat! All I can see is you from your neck up." He thought this was hilarious. I laughed along with him, even though I was serious when I said it.

Okay, so maybe it's not really funny at all, but I thought it was cool to run into another vintage Supra on the water this weekend. I was talking with a different guy later in the weekend (on land) about boats and he's owned many different boats for many years. When he asked about mine I told him it was a Supra to which he responded "Huh. Never heard of that."

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

While not at the fuel dock, I'll include a pic from this weekend.

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/amigos.jpg

suprasam
05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Man, that boat looks great! I have talked with a good amount of people who ask what type of boat I have, when I tell them a Supra - Sunsport they look like at me like I just named some cheap Chinese knock off boat to them.

Zaun
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Island cove eh...I recognize that dock and land.... nice boat!

Zim
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Usually unless you're really into the wake boats, you'll be hard pressed to find someone that knows any brands past Bayliner and Sea Ray.

Okie Boarder
05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Cool story...pretty funny!

Supra_Comp
05-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Boat looks great Titan!