PDA

View Full Version : A comp in southern Kentucky

skiman_61
05-28-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.unlimitedmarine.com/boats-details.php?id=339

This boat has been sitting at the dealer for several years. It's too small for the lake that it's closest to. Bet they'd like to unload it.

michael hunter
05-29-2013, 06:20 AM
The pics are from 06 ? Hard to believe it hasn't sold yet.

skiman_61
05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
The pics are from 06 ? Hard to believe it hasn't sold yet.

Yes, indeed. It's in Jamestown, KY. Lake Cumberland. They had a Rider I think that sat there for a couple of years, gone now. I was in the other day buying mooring gear and asked about that one. Drive by it regularly. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to take a closer look.

hoptownhick
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
skiman, why do you think the boat is too small for Cumberland? I'm just now looking at the old Supra's and Cumberland will be one of my locations. I know the Comps sit lower in the water, but is there that big of rollers on the lake?

skiman_61
05-31-2013, 03:40 PM
skiman, why do you think the boat is too small for Cumberland? I'm just now looking at the old Supra's and Cumberland will be one of my locations. I know the Comps sit lower in the water, but is there that big of rollers on the lake?

Hi Hoptown,

Well. Did I say too small, or not big enough? It depends what you are wanting to do and where on the lake you are. One of my neighbors down there has a comp. Sits in his garage most of the time as he keeps a giant pontoon at the dock for cruising. Family, guests, dogs and so on.

If you are up one of the creeks, say Otter, in a relatively protected area and you have three, maybe four people in the boat, and all you're doing is getting in a ski you'll be fine. Early morning jaunts, before all the riffraff come out, will be fine too. Main body of the lake on a windy day with the big cruisers will not be a a good time for the comp. It, like my Salt, is built for flat water and a ski-able wake, so it does not handle the chop well. The Salt is a bit larger and heavier, but that only goes so far.

That Comp is a nice boat. It's just not in the right market for what it is, and that's why it's sitting. My opinion. Let me know if you want me to crawl into it for you.

Skiman AKA Jack

skiman_61
05-31-2013, 03:52 PM
The ad says that is an Impulse, not a Comp.

Jetlink
05-31-2013, 04:08 PM
The ad says that is an Impulse, not a Comp.

The model is a Comp, essentially it's a different "trim" package. Like your base model, mid level and premium package. So, in the end, it's a Comp.

skiman_61
05-31-2013, 04:15 PM
The model is a Comp, essentially it's a different "trim" package. Like your base model, mid level and premium package. So, in the end, it's a Comp.

I thought so....

hoptownhick
05-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info Skiman, I sold my I/O last fall, deep V 21ft, been mostly to Norris and Laurel Lake and never had a problem, but I've not been to Cumberland so great information. The Saltare is my preference as of this point, 23ft and sits farther out of the water, great wake and we always have extras on board, so the hp will not be a problem either. I'm just definitely looking at ski/wakeboard purpose boat now vs the I/O and really like the Supras. Sunsport would be a close second. Thanks for the info!

NKorando
06-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Hey Skiman looks like a great boat do you know if it is still avalible? These are hard to find in my area for a resonable price, this one looks to be in good shape. I'm going to make a phone call in the morning. Any info would be helpful, thanks Nick.

skiman_61
06-30-2013, 08:14 AM
last I looked it was there. Let me know if you want me to crawl around it. send you pics. Im in the area til middle week.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't mind if you checked it out for me. Stringers and such... Thanks

NKorando
06-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks Skiman, I would greatly appreciate pictures and most your opinion. Looked one today and was a wreck, not looking for a project. Thanks again Nick.

skiman_61
07-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey Skiman looks like a great boat do you know if it is still avalible? These are hard to find in my area for a resonable price, this one looks to be in good shape. I'm going to make a phone call in the morning. Any info would be helpful, thanks Nick.

it needs a completely new interior. soft spot in the floor port side rear. I'll try to post some pics when I can have access to my computer.

skiman_61
07-03-2013, 06:39 PM
In the mean time, here is another: http://richmondin.craigslist.org/boa/3881332276.html