PDA

View Full Version : Search for Props for an 1998 Comp

07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello

We had bought an 1998 Supra Comp

Der Prop have 3 Blads an 13 x 15 but the boot ist so slow, that we couldn `t got Barefootin or Waterski in Fields.

No we had bought an 13 x 13 whit 4 Blades is this an beter joise??? Or what for a Prop for an ideal Ride we must buy.

I hope Some People answer me.

Tobi

form Germany

DKJBama92Mariah
07-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Hello

We had bought an 1998 Supra Comp

Der Prop have 3 Blads an 13 x 15 but the boot ist so slow, that we couldn `t got Barefootin or Waterski in Fields.

No we had bought an 13 x 13 whit 4 Blades is this an beter joise??? Or what for a Prop for an ideal Ride we must buy.

I hope Some People answer me.

Tobi

form Germany

Willkommen Tobi,

You must register and login or your post will not display.

How fast is the boat at full throttle?

What are the RPMs at full throttle?

DKJ

Just one more
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
According to ACME propellerss the smaller the pitch and diameter the more out of the hole torque you develop but this is at a loss of top end speed. if it is top end speed you are after you should be seeking a larger prop, the boat will be doggy out of the hole but top end speed will increase. it is worth a call to ACME props they really know there stuff.

DKJBama92Mariah
07-20-2006, 11:02 PM
The 13x13 4 blade should give you similar performance to your old one. You might lose a little in top end and gain a little acceleration.

Also, simply increasing pitch or diameter will not automatically increase top speed. Your engine has to have enough power to turn the higher pitch and if it doesnt you can lose top end.

Example:
My boat came with an OJ legend 14x16 3 blade. It ran 49mph at 4400 rpms at WOT.

I ordered and new prop, a 13.7x15.5 OJ XMP four blade and they sent the wrong one, a 13.7x17 four blade. I used the 17" one over the 4th of July weekend because i didnt have a choice because my old 3 blade was bent to hell and back. The boat was an absolue pig; It would only run 40mph at 3500 rpm at WOT and it KILLED my fuel mileage.

DKJ