PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation issues

murnmill
05-30-2013, 04:15 PM
I had a hesitation problem all last summer and still happening this year. I had it to my mechanic twice now and the problem still isn't solved.

This is an odd issues because the boat runs great for the first 1-1/2 hours will no hesitation. It used to only hesitate during acceleration but now it struggles at higher speeds. Last weekend I couldn't get it past 32 mph. It was hesitating, popping and backfired a bit too I think. My mechanic thinks its a minor vapor lock issue but can't figure it out.

This is what was done so far:
-new fuel filter
-new carb kit
-adjusted timing
-fuel pressure checks out good
-maybe a few other things but I can't remember

My mechanic says everything checks out! I just want this fixed for good! Does anyone have any other ideas that I could pass along to my mechanic?

1992 Comp. Thank you!

kvand347
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Still have Protec ignition on it? If so, I'm sure that is what is going on it. Your motor is going into limp home mode. If you key the boat off, and turn it on, it might reset the system so you can get back up and go.

A quick call to Skidim...Vince I think...will help you get things figured out.

Oil sensor, knock sensor, temp sensor all need to be checked and verified that they are not dead. If one is, that is your problem. If none are, then you need to replace the protec system with distributer. Skidim sells a kit to replace it.

murnmill
05-31-2013, 07:57 AM
thanks! I'll give that a try.