PDA

View Full Version : So, how are my switches supposed to work (92 Sunsport)?

trayson
05-31-2013, 05:36 PM
So, I've found that there's a switch that controls the courtesy light that's below the passenger seat.

I have no idea what master switch controls the courtesy lights that are below the cupholders (or are they only controlled by the switches on the lights themselves?)

So far, I haven't been able to figure out what the "aux" switch does. I would expect it to turn on and off the stereo, but the stereo powers up independently. I shut down the whole boat with the perko dual battery switch after I pull it out of the water. I know that this kills the auto bilge, but I do pull the plug every time after I take the boat out of the water...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WEMEW6vporE/UVO5aN2GJtI/AAAAAAAANuI/kPMmd8GG44g/s800/photo%2520%25286%2529.jpg

trayson
06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Okay, so let's make it easier. There is a switch called "INT LT". what does that do? I have court lights and Nav lights on two other switches. Not sure what an INT Light would be...

Jetlink
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Not sure how much help I'll be but my interior light is down in my ski locker under the closed bow of my Comp. I don't have any courtesy lights.

trayson
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Not sure how much help I'll be but my interior light is down in my ski locker under the closed bow of my Comp. I don't have any courtesy lights.
Oh, I never even thought of looking in my ski locker. Hmm...

Sirgonz
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Also at least in my 2012 the battery switch does NOT shut off the bilge but that may be different in the older style boats!

trayson
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Also at least in my 2012 the battery switch does NOT shut off the bilge but that may be different in the older style boats!

Yeah, my Bilge will run regardless of anything except I can have it off w/ the Perko switch.

kvand347
06-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Sorry...I meant to check for you and get back but with rain and work I haven't had a chance. I'll peel the cover off the boat when I get home and let you know. Pretty sure INT LT is the one you are after to turn the cupholder lights on. Courtesy light turns the round light on above the swim platform. I'll have to double check to be sure.

trayson
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Sorry...I meant to check for you and get back but with rain and work I haven't had a chance. I'll peel the cover off the boat when I get home and let you know. Pretty sure INT LT is the one you are after to turn the cupholder lights on. Courtesy light turns the round light on above the swim platform. I'll have to double check to be sure.

Yeah, we're getting a noon shower today. :-( Hope the boat drys out, since the cover's in the garage still.

The lights that are on the bottom of the cupholders are on the Court LT Circuit.

Isn't the round light above the swim platform the white rear navigation light? My light there will definitely light up on the NAV LT switch. (the light just above the R in Stormtrooper)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hQtEZSI9HM4/UZrukokUqRI/AAAAAAAAOAY/y7SLb7GqsIg/s800/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Although looking at the pic, I can see that it looks like there's a round plug in for another light on a pole...

And I know I have another socket for a similar light on a pole that's up by the driver's windshield...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EteDc_fP6m0/Ubdz_QFbA4I/AAAAAAAAOMg/kZ3hqCGdgVM/s800/photo%2520%25283%2529.jpg

kvand347
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah, we're getting a noon shower today. :-( Hope the boat drys out, since the cover's in the garage still.

The lights that are on the bottom of the cupholders are on the Court LT Circuit.

Isn't the round light above the swim platform the white rear navigation light? My light there will definitely light up on the NAV LT switch. (the light just above the R in Stormtrooper)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hQtEZSI9HM4/UZrukokUqRI/AAAAAAAAOAY/y7SLb7GqsIg/s800/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Although looking at the pic, I can see that it looks like there's a round plug in for another light on a pole...

And I know I have another socket for a similar light on a pole that's up by the driver's windshield...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EteDc_fP6m0/Ubdz_QFbA4I/AAAAAAAAOMg/kZ3hqCGdgVM/s800/photo%2520%25283%2529.jpg

I think you just answered your own question. The socket on the driver's windshield is for the navigation light (I don't use it because I have one on top of my tower). The one on the back of the boat might be the anchor light?? I'm trying to go off memory.

trayson
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I think you just answered your own question. The socket on the driver's windshield is for the navigation light (I don't use it because I have one on top of my tower). The one on the back of the boat might be the anchor light?? I'm trying to go off memory.
Yeah, the windshield one should work in tandem with the Stern nav light. I will have to see what switch triggers the socket on the Stern. It's probably just how you said.

I an sure that in time, I will have to mod up an led nav light on the tower. But no way I wanna pay for the tower nav lights I see online.

Jetlink
06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
The light on the stern lights up when the nav light is turned on. The socket up by the helm is where the pole light goes and it should have two bulbs in it, the front one comes on when either the nav light or the anchor light is turned on. The rear bulb in the post will only turn on when the anchor light is turned on. If you plug the mast in and turn just the anchor light switch on, only the two lights in the mast will illuminate. The stern light will not illuminate unless the red/green nav light is switched on.

kvand347
06-12-2013, 10:13 AM
The light on the stern lights up when the nav light is turned on. The socket up by the helm is where the pole light goes and it should have two bulbs in it, the front one comes on when either the nav light or the anchor light is turned on. The rear bulb in the post will only turn on when the anchor light is turned on. If you plug the mast in and turn just the anchor light switch on, only the two lights in the mast will illuminate. The stern light will not illuminate unless the red/green nav light is switched on.

^^What Jetlink said^^