PDA

View Full Version : 1995 supra labrisa

Cusefan78
06-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum. Just bought me first supra. It's a 1995 supra labrisa with the gt40 efi engine. I have a few questions. First the fuel gauge isn't working. Any clues on how to fix it. Secondly is there maintenance I should do to the boat to get it ready for the year. I test drove it before i bought it plus I had a compression test done and everything was good. The impeller was changed last year.

michael hunter
06-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. As for the fuel gauge its more than likely its the sender in the tank . I just ordered one from Centroid Products they make a electronic sender that will stop the gauge from bouncing in the waves they are about 60-70 dollars but worth every penny. If its not the sender then it will be the gauge . I would do a spring once over on the boat if you dont know when the oil and trans oil were changed I would change them. Check the belts and hoses, bilge pump , vent motor, lights ,horn and spark arrestor on the carb make sure its clean. Also post some pics of your boat we always like to see them here.

crystal waters
06-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Also change your fuel filter and check your impeller regardless of what you were told.
I change my impeller every year which I consider cheap insurance for trouble free summer of operation.
I love the La Brisa!
Welcome to the forum
post some pics for all of us to enjoy!

bhauch
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey Crystal Waters,

Do you happen to still have your Brisa? I just bought one and am having a difficult time finding information on it.

My bilge pumps dont turn on...Are you able to tell me how these run? Could it be a fuse? A breaker? If so, where do I find them...basically I'm hoping it's one of these and easy to fix.

I appreciate your response and Cusefan enjoy the waters this summer.

DAFF
06-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Bilge pump on the Supras are found just forward of the ski pylon under the inspection cover. Here you will find a flapper switch and a pump. If you pull up on the flapper the pump should turn on. I would inspect the wiring looking for 12volts going to the flapper, if voltage is present the pump is more than likely stuck or worn out. Replacing it with new is cheap insurance for a fun day on the lake.

bhauch
06-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks DAFE. I'll try to find it in just a moment.

Should the pump run when the boat is on but not running? Or does the boat need to be running for the pump to have power?

Cusefan78
06-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Mine is automatic and can also be turned on with the bilge 2 button. What I can't figure out is what the bilge 1 button does.

jthack
07-22-2013, 08:01 AM
sorry to change bilge pump topic....but back to fuel gauge/sender problems...my new to me last spring 95 labrisa's fuel gauge has never worked. i started checking it out, the gauge is fine, but the sender is bad. the boat has a ISSPRO (RA9508 i think). anyone else have one like this?

http://www.issprogauges.com/Isspro-RA9500-Fuel-Level-Sender-ISS-RA9508-IS-p/iss%20ra9508-is.htm

i've looked around this forum and never seen one mentioned. i'm guessing it was a replacement?. does anyone know if the stock gauge reads 33-240 ohms?