PDA

View Full Version : 96 Comp STS for sale

seth.lally
06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi everybody!

I am going to sell my baby...

Its a great looking and smooth running 1996 Supra Comp STS in Lexington KY!
Meticulously maintained and cared for. Oil changed and gel coat buffed every 50 hours. 300hp 351 PCM Engine with ~900 hours. Wiped down inside and out after every time on the water. It is in great shape. Kenwood KMR 330 Marine CD Player w/ MP3 input, 4x Kenwood Speakers. Aerial Airborne Tower, Wake plate, Removable rear seat, Board racks. Trailer, Cover, Extra prop.

$13,000 OBO

seth.lally
04-16-2014, 12:14 PM
This is a great looking boat in great condition. Somebody, make an offer!

More Pics:

haugy
04-18-2014, 03:55 PM
That's a great looking boat. If it didn't have that tower I'd be calling you to talk right now. Good luck on the sale.

And in case someone reads this, it looks like an old Comp that had wood, it is not. It's all composite.

seth.lally
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the complimentary post about my boat! I appreciate it. You are spot on about it being all composite too. I should have included that fact in my post (wasn't thinking). Something else I neglected to mention on the post is that the boat is 100% fresh water (didn't think to mention that being in Kentucky).

I'd also want everyone to know that the tower can be easily removed. Unscrew 4 bolts and its gone... We'd have to come up with something to address the mounting holes, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

You could buy the boat as is and then resell the tower, or we could negotiate on price and I could keep the tower, selling it myself.

I love this boat and hate to sell. It gets compliments every time its on the water. Its just time for me to move on.

Another pic:13966

Thanks,
-Seth

seth.lally
04-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Oh, and I have dropped the asking price to $12,500.00 !!!

Hagman
04-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Sweet ride. Could you post a picture of what's under the dog house.13987

seth.lally
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks!

Here ya go:

seth.lally
04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
And... Check these pics that I took in 2009 before adding the tower.

Notice the rear seat is removed.

seth.lally
05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
OK everybody I am going to ask you to help me out.

I had hoped that I would've been able to sell my boat by now. I felt like $12,500 was a good asking price considering the condition of the boat. But based on the fact that it hasn't sold yet I guess thats too much $$. What does everyone think a fair asking price would be for this 96 Comp STS in this condition? Now, I am not going to give it away either, but I am looking for legit feedback on a price that is fair to both parties and will get it sold.

Thanks!
-Seth

Here is a pic of it in the water:

DAFF
05-09-2014, 11:02 PM
The issue you have is the lack of seating for the boat. Many are just looking for the bow rider style and limits the buyer potential for the boat. It is a great looking boat but to get people interested the price will need to closer to the 10 mark. I would repost it using some different photos and change the add a little bit to make it seem fresh. Stress the composite construction in the add too.

Zim
05-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Where do you have it posted for sale?

Make sure its on craigslist, onlyinboards, and ski-it-again. Those will get you the most exposure.

That's a super clean boat, looks great... just as was mentioned earlier the core ski boat crowd isn't as plentiful as it used to be.

seth.lally
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
The issue you have is the lack of seating for the boat. Many are just looking for the bow rider style and limits the buyer potential for the boat. It is a great looking boat but to get people interested the price will need to closer to the 10 mark. I would repost it using some different photos and change the add a little bit to make it seem fresh. Stress the composite construction in the add too.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll get new pics and rework the add etc once I get it out of winter storage. In the mean time - NEW asking price is $10,900. Tell your friends!

haugy
05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Yep, the reality is your boat is very small for the $$$. While it is composite, that will still only help you so much. That's a slalom boat, not a wakeboard boat, (I expect to hear gripes about that one for sure).

A non-composite with redone stringers would need to be in great shape to fetch 7-8. Yours is a composite, and in pretty good shape. I'd say start asking $10k, and expect 8-9 offers. $9k for that boat is what I would consider not only fair, but right on the money. That's also the reason I didn't even think about it. No way in heck I'm paying that much for a Comp, ever. Not when I can pick them up for $4,000 here and there, and they aren't beaters either, nice boats.

blazerman
05-15-2014, 10:38 PM
I am a fan of the old school lines of these boats and looked specifically for a composite comp classic for 2 years (finally bought one last spring), I remember seeing this boat in my search. I had a ceiling of $8,500, maybe $9500 if I came across one with the GT40 injected motor in 8 plus condition. Any more than that and I would have gone a different direction (open bow newer boat with more room). As said, very specific market for the boat.
Just some perspective from a recent buyer.

should add - nice boat, hope you find someone to appreciate her!

96Comp
05-16-2014, 11:54 AM
As a Comp Owner, I think it's worth $20k :). What others have said about seating is true. Nowdays people want to carry 7-8 people and throw a huge wake. You can do almost all the tricks off the Comp that you can off a bigger boat - back rolls, etc. But you cant slalom off a v-drive! Try ski it again if you have not already posted. Slalom boats sold there. Also look for private ski lakes reasonably close to you and market there. Private lakes generally have size restrictions and tend to favor skiers. Big wakes erode the shorelines. Best of luck!

foxriverat
05-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Try posting on ballofspray. Its a slalom water ski forum. And since you have a slalom boat you might get some interest.