PDA

View Full Version : Sunglases... What's your flavour??

DAFF
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm in the market for something.....

mabbore
06-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I have a gigantic head so I love the Ray Ban Wayfarers.

crystal waters
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I live with my Serengeti Sunglasses. They are the best "driving" glasses going for sun , rain , snow , fog.
I believe a few models come with polarization in the lens but I understand you then lose the great effect they have for driving.
Mine have always been non polarized. Most boaters will not like that as polarized glasses are preferable for boating in that they give you a better view whats under the surface of the water.
Maui Jims and Ray Ban are two popular glasses that are polarized.
good luck in your search!

Jetlink
06-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Long time Oakley Bottle Cap owner and wearer here. I live with my Oakleys on my head. I've been wearing this particular frame going on 8 years now averaging 12-16 hours per day and I wouldn't trade them in for anything else. There is no noticeable "blind spot" with the frames, the lens does a great job at blocking and reducing light as well as some wind depending on how you wear them.

wax
06-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Man I've had the Oakley Gascan matte black polarized glasses for about 5 or 6 years, and I even bought them used from a buddy for like $20 lol. I swear by those things, best fit and feel of any sunglasses I've ever had. I'm really cheap though when it comes to fashion, so I don't buy a lot of sunglasses. I do have a set of RayBan aviators, but I never wear them. Got those for free from a buddy anyway, lol.

Ironically the neighbor kid knocked the Oakleys off my head the other day getting in the boat, and they went to the bottom of the lake. Dang sure I swam down and got them! I wear them every day and I ride my motorcycle with them very often. They don't show scratches and have held up all these years with all the abuse I put them through, best $20 I ever spent lol! If I ever need to replace, I'll probably get the same ones.

I'm sure fashionistas can give you better options that I've never even heard of, but I these have held up very well and are very comfortable.

whammond
06-07-2013, 02:04 PM
In my personal experience Maui Jim's are my favorite. The polarization is fantastic and you can tell a difference that your eyes aren't being strained. I have the stingray's

http://www.zappos.com/maui-jim-stingray-gloss-black-neutral-grey-lens?ef_id=UbIhJwAAAHbIbyH5:20130607180631:s

James
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I second the oakley gas cans. Polarized is a must. Makes the water look so nice. My rayban wayfarers I think don't look right on me... Like there to small. I was thinking about buying some of the Shawn White oakleys, can't remember what there called at the moment, but I tried on a pair and I loved them.

dickboxers
06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
My $6 nemesis safety glasses . I wear the orange lens for fishing, hunting, and golf. I can see everything that the people wearing costa's can see when we are fishing, even with them not being polarized.

Zim
06-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I've got quite a few pairs.

Rayban Aviators
Oakley Gascans (2 pair)
Oakley Jupiter Squared VR46 limited editions
Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's

Of all those, the jupiter squared are my favorites. I wear different glasses for different uses though. The Jupiter's are definitely my lake shades though.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyAb2yN5NbuYQauZLUJzlhHQm-aRI9laAFWqSWoRPClHokgMUTe7UDy3Sm

Salty87
06-07-2013, 02:25 PM
maui jim's here too. my eye dr. carries them and insurance covered most of the cost. scratched them last year but can still see great. my first pair of fancy-pants glasses so i don't know if others would have scratched as well.

DAFF
06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
A set of Jupiter blue a white would be perfect !!! I too had Oakley's way back in the day (late 80's)and loved all of them. Have a floating pair of Columbia polarised glasses now but wanted something a little more fashionable.

James
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Well because of this thread I went and bought some oakleys today. I bought the Holbrook polarized.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh556/jamespjackson95/50E17AB7-C00D-49F7-9297-D66E8F6FCF8D-13344-000002F65A170ABE.jpg

Okie Boarder
06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm sporting the Oakley Razor Blades still. I've thought about getting something different, just haven't done it yet.