PDA

View Full Version : kenwood kdc 422 reset?

Salty87
06-07-2013, 06:44 PM
i have a really old kenwood that i really only use to power on the amps. i have an ipod connected to the amps for signal.

i'm trying to diagnose a problem, think the faceplate isn't making good contact. it loses power frequently. the real problem is the last time i was playing with it...i can't find the manual...i was working through the menu and was messing with the contrast when the power went out again. now i can't see anything on the screen and can't find my way back to the contrast to turn it back up. the power light comes on.

is there a master reset? ctrl+alt+delete sort of command? i suspect the security setting is locked in addition to the intermittent power issue. it used to work fine but not any more.

what's an alternative to powering on the amps w/o messing with another head unit?

Wylietunes
06-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Head-units do not actually power an amp, we just use the convenience of the amps remote turn-on to wake the amp up. If your Ipod is connected directly to the amp as your signal source, you do not need the head-unit, although there are some advantages to running the weak head-phone signal from the ipod through the head-unit to the amp.

If you head-unit flip-down face to load a CD, look for a reset button behind the face. If not, power it down by unplugging the power cable.

If you want to do away completely with the head-unit, it can be done.

Reganfantasy
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
You can eliminate the stereo all together by putting switch on remote turn on wire (blue/white) and using a
http://www.jlaudio.com/cl-rlc-car-audio-system-expansion-98117
i have done this many time in boats

Regan