PDA

View Full Version : cheapest place for spare prop?

gmarkham1
07-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Looking to pick up a spare prop for my 21v... where is the cheapest place?

OUI
07-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Check with ebay or your local prop repair shop.

DKJBama92Mariah
07-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I ended up getting a 4 blade and getting my old one cleaned up and I keep it as a spare. BTW, i know alot of folks swear by ACME props. The OJ XMP props have thicker blades and are less prone to bending though.

DKJ

Just one more
07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
try propsforless.com i recently purches this prop.

Well after much debate and research i have decided to go with the acme prop. the reasons why are, acme's tech support vs S.C. and my dealership, shipped to my door with a prop puller kit and prop bag about 85.00 cheaper and last but not least is the 30 day dont like it return it for a full refund. that was the clincher. so we will see. here are the stats.

Materials: Nibral Pitch: 14 1/4 $ 385.20 plus the puller set and bag 109.00
Blades: 4 Rotation: L
Diameter: 14 1/2 Shaft: 1 1/8

1235 ACME
Cup Size: .105

have not run on this prop yet but it is suppose to be the s#$*

Just one more
07-20-2006, 09:49 PM
i put it on my 06 21v

DKJBama92Mariah
07-20-2006, 10:51 PM
One more thing you should consider. If you have a habit of dinging props, i'd check with your local prop shops to make sure there is one that can repair the prop you choose. They have to have a pitch block to match your prop and those can get pretty expensive. You can always ship it off to get it fixed, but its just so much more convenient to get it done local. I ordered mine through my local shop; really good guy to work with. I paid a little more, but at least I know i'll have someone to work on it when i bang it up. That was a big concern for me because i end up needing prop work at least once a season.

BTW, the OJ XMP I bought ROCKS! It made my 92' Mariah run better than new; it was so incredibly smooth it just cant be explained by words. I cant and wont say its better than the ACME because ive never had one. I'll just say that its a damn fine prop and i was very impressed.

DKJ