PDA

View Full Version : mb quart transom remote

mallenger
06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
So I'm on my 3rd MB quart transom remote... The first two were replaced by the dealer (one stolen and one just got water in it and died). Now the third one has water in it and is dead. I've emailed MB Quart and they haven't gotten back to me about it. Is there any other waterproof transom remote out there I can use that folks have had good luck with? My boat is a 2010 21v with the MB Quart Black box stereo setup. This is the bad remote -- MB Quart WRC-P. Thanks,

wotan2525
06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
MB Quart is either out of business or the ownership has changed. You'll probably not get any help from them.

I don't have any other recommendations but hopefully someone else will chime in with one....

villain
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
we have had good luck with kenwood and clarion units on customers boats. i think you would have to change the head unit also.

mallenger
06-12-2013, 09:37 AM
we have had good luck with kenwood and clarion units on customers boats. i think you would have to change the head unit also.

That's pretty much what I was afraid of. In that case it would require changing the black box, the helm remote, the glove box remote etc... I was hoping some other remote was compatible. Maybe I'll just take the transom remote off and figure out something to cover up the holes.