PDA

View Full Version : Ignition fuse keeps blowing

awesomesteven
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Its the fuse on the fuse block, not the inline fuse. Its the 3rd one in a few weeks. Could this be because I've been cranking the engine so much? I still haven't been able to get it started...

DAFF
06-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Under what scenarios does it seem to blow ??? Find out if there are any other circuits on that fuse and look for links. Somewhere something is going to ground...

awesomesteven
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure. I haven't been able to replicate it now that I've got the boat running. I think I was killing it with all the cranking trying to get it started.

By the way, if I have the radio on it cuts off when I the engine is cranking as it turns on.

wotan2525
06-13-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure. I haven't been able to replicate it now that I've got the boat running. I think I was killing it with all the cranking trying to get it started.

By the way, if I have the radio on it cuts off when I the engine is cranking as it turns on.

That's normal. The starter pulls a lot of power and it's pretty common that the voltage will dip below 12v that the radio needs. Nothing to worry about.

If you keep blowing that fuse, I'd try to put one in that's slightly larger and see if it solves the problem.

villain
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
i wouldn't put a fuse in that's to much bigger, you might find where the problem is with a plume of smoke and maybe some fire.