PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding fuel pressure regulator vacuum line -2005 Launch 24 SSV

JeepScrambler
06-15-2013, 09:47 PM
For the past couple of weeks my '05 Launch 24 SSV has been rough starting, to the point it would flood out and I would have to put the throttle wide open to make it start. It seemed to run really rich and would have a little black smoke while idling. I seemed to have lost a little top end RPM, tops out at 4300 at about 36 mph. Come to find out my problem appears to stem from a missing fuel regulator vacuum line. I am trying to locate this line now. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line runs from? The engine is the Indmar 350 horse 350ci. Any help is appreciated!

Engine Nut
06-16-2013, 08:53 PM
For the past couple of weeks my '05 Launch 24 SSV has been rough starting, to the point it would flood out and I would have to put the throttle wide open to make it start. It seemed to run really rich and would have a little black smoke while idling. I seemed to have lost a little top end RPM, tops out at 4300 at about 36 mph. Come to find out my problem appears to stem from a missing fuel regulator vacuum line. I am trying to locate this line now. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line runs from? The engine is the Indmar 350 horse 350ci. Any help is appreciated!

Although there is a vacuum nipple on the regulator, it is not a vacuum controlled regulator. There is no hose to attach to it. Do you have access to a fuel pressure tester? That system should be supplying fuel at 58-62 PSI. If the pressure is high, remove the regulator from the pump bracket and check the screen on the back of the regulator. If it is plugged with debris, the fuel pressure will be high and that is what your issue sounds like.

JeepScrambler
06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
I will hook my fuel pressure gauge up to the boat today and see what my fuel pressure is. I'm glad to find out the regulator isn't vacuum controlled; I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the vacuum hose! Hopefully the problem is just debris in the screen. Will report back later tonight. Thanks for the help!

JeepScrambler
06-17-2013, 12:30 PM
One more question about the regulator and how to remove it. Is the only thing holding the regulator to the fuel pump bracket that single bolt and retainer ring? I removed the bolt and the retainer but can't get the regulator to come out. It will spin but not slide out.

jeffreyk573
07-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Were you ever able to get the fuel pressure regulator out? I am running what looks to me pretty high pressure at 75psi. and am trying to figure this fuel system out. I have some other issues, but I'll save them for another post