PDA

View Full Version : Stringer lag bolt torque???

Moor
06-18-2013, 05:52 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows the proper torque spec for how tight the engine mount lag bolts should be? I have put a wrench to mine and all are tight, but i was just curious how tight they should be. Any one have factory torque specs for these bolts? Ive done a lot of searching and can't find any real answers... ive heard a variety of answers ranging from snug, tight, and 20-25ft/lbs (seems a little loose to me). ANYONE out there have an answer? Thanks

Moor
06-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Come on, i KNOW theres some smart Supra guys that know the answer.... what about some of you that have done your own stringer replacement? how tight did you get them when you did the rebuild? Please dont make me go over to the C.C. forum for an answer.

Salty87
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
lol...

i don't know if there's a certain torque. hell, i don't even have a torque wrench. put some 5200 on the threads and tighten 'em down solid without going heeman on it. i don't think the torque matters as much since there are bolts on the tops and sides of the stringers. get them all set tight and nothing is going anywhere.

Moor
06-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Thats pretty much the same conclusion i came to Salty..... there tight and i dont know if i want to bream em free right now, but i was thinking of pulling them this winter and doing the old epoxy trick just for a little preventative maintinance.