PDA

View Full Version : 2001 DD Launch

bwb-745-
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm looking at a 2001 Launch at a local dealer and had a few questions for y'all:

How much hp is the Assault rated?

How much stock ballast? Tanks or Sacks? Best set up for wakeboarding?

What would be a fair price? It has a few dock dings and they are cleaning up the interior, no rips or tears in my brief look through it today.

Any issues I need to be on the look out for with this year model?

Thanks

wax
06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Indmar Assault is 330hp in that boat.

Stock ballast under rear seat is 400lbs. It's a hard tank.

For wakeboarding I had the stock tank full, 650lb bag in ski locker (couldn't fill it all the way up, probably around 500lbs), 2 side sacks on each side of motor at 275lbs each, and 2 fat bricks at 80lbs each in the rear ski locker, more for side to side weight adjustments.

For surfing, same setup, except I put one of the side sacks on top of the other on the left side of the boat, and moved both bricks to the left side of the rear locker.

I've seen them priced as low as $18k and as high as $27k in that year range (you'll hear some stories of guys stealing them between $10-15k, that's very rare). All depends on condition and market at the time. Right now in my local market, in good condition that's about a $23k boat, give or take a few.

No real common issues I know about, and I owned one for almost 7 years (just sold it last week). If any gauges don't work (normally speedos go first) you have to replace the entire sending unit which is about $350. That normally happens if it's not winterized soon enough, very small orifices that water freezes in quick and cracks the unit.

Perfect pass, if it doesn't have it, isn't necessary but I highly recommend it. Mine did not have it. The boat holds speed pretty well, but now that I have it I couldn't go back.

Real solid boats. You won't be disappointed. I loved mine, it was just time for me to upgrade to a v-drive. Just check that everything works, and if anything doesn't it's more negotiation power for you.

bwb-745-
06-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Good deal, thanks for the reply