PDA

View Full Version : windshield Hinge??

Ironcross25
07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Where Can I find a new hinge for my 86 supra windshield?? I have a closed bow but the center windshield opens but instead of opening and sitting directly on the pass window it opens at an angle so that the bottom corner sits on the bow deck. It leaves a black mark from the rubber. Can I get a new hinge or do I have to get a windshield???

OUI
07-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Try this guy, he has all of Supra's old inventory

Boat Windshields by Lorance
1924 Jutland Dr, #9
Harvey, LA 70058
504-328-1589

selle92
07-26-2006, 11:55 AM
I dont' think you have a hing problem. If it aligns right when closed, that is where you want it to be. I believe that all of the older sup's before the "curved" windsheild did this.

My '91 also opens at a funny angle, so when open, the bottom corner does not rest on the pass side windshield, but just below.

I also have a black rubber piece over the pin and it hits right below the windshield.

It does leave a little mark, but rubs right out.

I would see if you can just find a white rubber piece and just replace the black one. But really, its not too huge of a concern.. unless you need a new windsheild anyways (as mentioned it was leaking).. Which I also don't fully get.... You out in the ocean with that thing??? :p

skiman_61
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM
It was me with the leak. Bad seals. Water runs through the windsheild if you're out in the rain.

selle92
07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
my bad..

gotcha.

did you ever find a replacement seal??

skiman_61
07-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Have not contacted the windshield man yet. It's not a huge issue, just on of those little things that I need to fix. It's all riveted together, so I don't know that it can be remedied.

selle92
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
kind of a pain, but you could drill out all rivots and replace after a new seal is installed.

I guess it would probably be low priority and maybe a winter project, but doable. How often are you out in the rain anyways?

Is it leaking in thru the bottom? Is it UNDER the windshield itself and not really the windshield itself persay, but maybe just how it's mounted?
Or is it truly seeping in between the bottom mount/glass and coming thru?