PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issues Need Some Advice

launch ssv
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Hey guys, I've got a 2002 launch SSV and all of sudden im having lighting and blower issues.

Issue Number 1. When you try to turn on the courtesy lights they will not come on at all if the NAV lights are on and if the nav lights are off only one of the lights will come on.

Issue Number 2. The Docking lights on the front of the boat will not work at all.

Issue Number 3. The light on the back of the boat right above the ski platform only works when the blower switch is on, given this the blower will not work at all.

I am normally pretty good with electrical problems but this one has me scratching my head, could it be a loose ground causing them to cross up? We have had the boat since it was new and to my knowledge no one has ever messed with the wiring that could have switched up the wires on me.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

launch ssv
06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know where the lights are grounded this would be a big help?

CornRickey
06-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I had this same issue and if I remember right the ground was bad at the blower switch.

DAFF
06-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Try to locate a wiring schematic and find the common part of the wiring of these circuts. If you suspect a ground issue a jumper wire from (-) of the battery will speed up the hunt.