PDA

View Full Version : 351 in my sunsport ? 454 in the comps ? Salitare ?

lively
06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I just want to know the velvet drive you comp and others that have the 454 big blocks in there . Are those bell housings the same on the Chevys ? Cause I want to go EFI and if Chevy will bolt up ill just get one of those .. But then again the exhaust logs are gonna have to be new again . Damn it lol

haugy
06-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I just want to know the velvet drive you comp and others that have the 454 big blocks in there . Are those bell housings the same on the Chevys ? Cause I want to go EFI and if Chevy will bolt up ill just get one of those .. But then again the exhaust logs are gonna have to be new again . Damn it lol

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/non_sequential/Gifs/beaker_wat.jpg

lively
06-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Ha ha ha lol what do you have ?

Moor
06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
351 FORD engine has a different belhousing bolt pattern that the 454 CHEVY engine. no your exhaust manifolds wont work either....

lively
06-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Well I know that , what I guess I was asking is what tranny are the 454s using . I have the velvet drive that came stock .

I want to go to EFI and I'm trying to figure out what lower and upper intake I can use for this Windsor as well as ecu and how I would go about plumbing o2 in wet exhaust .. Any body ?

haugy
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Both use a velvet drive tranny, just different bellhousing patterns.

You can do an O2 sensor delete programmed into the computer. Also you can use an automotive intake, but will want a marine grade injection system.

Just curious as why you want to go EFI? There will be pro's/cons to each. But I think the cost of converting over to EFI from a carb'd system is going to be more $$$$ than you would think. Mainly for marine grade stuff, naturally.

jasun
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Wasnt there a thread in here of a guy who did this already???

Found it:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?14389-86-Comp-EFI-Install

lively
06-27-2013, 06:10 PM
i want the response . out of the hole . the fuel mileage . if i had it my way i would get a lightning setup with a supercharger stock model and just be a sleeper , fish ski and haul some ass !! fuel is controlled easiest by fluctuation f the A/F mixture .. with carb yes you have the throat and punch , but with efi direct port a i can throw a cam , injectors and map it perfect ..

lively
06-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Well I'm stumped , I rebuilt the carb , new plugs , wires , HEI distrubutor , lean pop out of the carb ..
So I started pulling wires while it was running and everyone besides #3 made a difference .. So maybe leak down and hopefully maybe a rocker loose . Idk if these fords have adjustable rockers or not . But will see .. I really would like to go to junk yard or auction and just pull a lightning or 5.8 EFI turnkey engine out and slam it in .. I hope I don't have to buy a engine or head work . 4th of July looks like a bust!

Anybody had this issue ? It just started Sunday underload and barley made it back to dock popping lean out of intake and carb .

dirtydawg
06-28-2013, 12:02 AM
pull your distributor and make sure the small gear that turns the dizzy is ok. look at it close, the teeth may all be there but it could still be worn out. mine just disintegrated and took the cam gear with it. but before it did it ran rough and misfired

lively
06-28-2013, 12:42 AM
That's what I thought at first so I swapped back to my old dizzy and same thing rough idle , lean pop , gets worse as you retard . Plug electrodes white