PDA

View Full Version : low speed whine 88 T6

88 Upra
06-25-2013, 08:52 PM
New owner 88 Comp. Love it and want to fix all the little problems..IE fuel gauge bouncing and inaccurate....steering cable issue.. But, Most of all at about 20-24 MPH I have just started to hear a slight whine.. Could be my imagination...It stops when I throttle down or speed up.. Has any one experienced this and is it something that could lead to other problems. I pulled the boat out of the water and checked the tranny fluid while on the trailer.. Nice and red and full cold??HELP

villain
06-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Is it coming through the speakers? That would indicate a bad ground or power wire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

88 Upra
07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
No.....definitely was coming from drive unit. Had it out last weekend and didn't hear it. Could it be from the drive shaft jamb nut I tightened to stop the stream of water coming in? Could it have worked it self out?????

chris young
07-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Careful with tightening the jam nut too much, you can damage the shaft. It should only be hand tight. Replacing the packing is cheap and easy, (as long as the boat is out of the water) and it's worth the peace of mind if nothing else.

crystal waters
07-18-2013, 11:52 AM
could simply be your tranny! Check fluid level first thing. What type of trans fluid are you using?
Dextron type is the preferred.