PDA

View Full Version : Haugy did you get the 10th anniversary comp?

gogger
06-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Just wondered if you bid on that boat? Curious why the thread disappeared. Anyways it brought $3227. Was that a good price?

haugy
06-28-2013, 08:51 AM
No I didn't. That was too rich for my blood, 10th anniversary or not. That boat is going to need a lot more than it shows. I've got too many projects going on already that are going to demand way more of my time, plus a little one due in a couple months. If it had been any other time, I'd probably have gone that high. I hate that I let it go, it really is a rare gem. But the timing just wasn't good. Personally I think it went for too high, and I have a feeling that someone is going to realize what they bought and try to sell it later.

I expect we'll see it for sale again soon. But hopefully the owner won't bastardize this one with a tower or some other ghetto graphics and crap.

Okie Boarder
06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
plus a little one due in a couple months

Congrats! How old is your first one now?

haugy
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
He's 2. Thanks man.

Looks like a dealer bought the Comp as the same person also bough the Bravura. I hope he doesn't strip it down and part it out with the trailer. Keep your eyes peeled boys, we may see this boat resurface.

Okie Boarder
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
That's a good age spread. Our boys are about the same.

Jetlink
06-28-2013, 02:45 PM
What dealer and where? I'll send some guys to go break his knee caps for you Haugy.

haugy
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Nah. I let it go. I bowed out. I hated to, I really did, even with the guilty motivation I was receiving from other members here. :D :D

My wife looked at me and said, then we'll just have to get a black one to match the Salt. God I love that woman.

DAFF
06-28-2013, 03:36 PM
There was three others interested in the boat in the auction. Never a good thing if you want it for a good price. Sad to see you miss out in the white shark but when the dust settled it was the right choice. When the timing is right the perfect boat will find you, happens to me much too often..... A nice black 1992 classic will fall into your lap before long ;)

haugy
06-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah I bid. After it creeped over $2000 I decided to say no more, and see what happens. In a few minutes it was up to $2800 and I said definitely done.