PDA

View Full Version : High temp. Engine alarm

kostokid
06-29-2013, 09:18 PM
I have 2009 launch 21V with the Indmar Assault MPI 340 engine. Had it on the lake today for 5 hours and everything was fine. Switched from surfing to pulling a tube. About 20 minutes into pulling the tube I lost power and then hi temp engine alarm came on. When I opened the engine compartment there was water in the bilge (not to the motor). I shut down the engine and the bilge pump removed all the water. Could the cooling line running to the engine split and caused this? Has anyone else experienced this? The alarm went off at 206 degrees and the engine lost power. Is this a safety feature (I hope) or is the engine fried now? Not having really good luck with this boat, the CAT's went out last year and had to be replaced and there is only about 70 hours on the boat!

CornRickey
06-29-2013, 09:34 PM
sounds like it went into limp mode. I would think the line from your raw water pump and block pump would have burst not the one that feeds the raw water pump. it's not pressurized, it has a vacuum.

DAFF
06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I bet the hose which was taken off to winterise wasn't tightened when returned to its fitting 100%... Find the leaky hose and all will be good.

kostokid
06-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys.