PDA

View Full Version : Boat covered-water took in

Sweaver
06-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Well, had my first surprise of the season yesterday morning. The wife, our 2 year old, and I were headed to breakfast when I noticed the tent pole in the center of our Comp was not standing up. Didn't think much of it till I seen a couple hundred gallons of water pooled up on the cover between rear seats and engine cover. Once that was drained off I noticed all the rear seats are water logged.

Of course this is the start of my vacation and the family is planning on boating. The upholstery shop in town said keep trying to get as much water squeezed out as possible, and after the 4th/vacation then take the staples out and hang foam for a week. Fella says he'll re-staple the 3 rear cushions back together for me for $50.

What a bummer though. Might need to spray the cover or do something different. Noticed last night that the water was pooling up again in the same area, just not as bad.

CornRickey
06-30-2013, 09:34 AM
you can't expect the cover to keep water from seeping in when its holding back hundreds of gallons of water. I wouldn't worry about the seats. Just don't jump on them until they are dried out. The water trapped in the foam will split the seams when compressed.

Salty87
06-30-2013, 11:17 AM
take them inside the house and stand the seats on end with the backside part of the seat down, there's more stitching on that side (at least on mine). put a towel under them to help draw moisture out. between the towel and gravity they should dry by next weekend.

Sweaver
06-30-2013, 07:49 PM
I put the shop vac on the bottom side after letting the cushions stand on end. That drew out a few gallons of water. Thanks for the idear, and I'll do that as well.

Sweaver
07-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Have the cushions standing on end in from of fans as we speak. The cushions feel like they are getting lighter.