PDA

View Full Version : Should my INT LT switch do anything on my 1992 Sunsport?

trayson
07-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I have a switch that's labled "INT LT" and I assume it's for Interior Light. Should this do anything? I can't find what it does or would have been supposed to do. I don't have a light in my trunk. I have an open bow...

I'm thinking that this would be a good switch to use if I added some tower lights...

Is it just a switch that does nothing?

Salty87
07-02-2013, 05:08 PM
do you have lights at the cupholders each with their own switches? i haven't turned my lights on in a long time but i think the dash button activates the circuit and each light has its own switch. if each light is switched off the dash button won't appear to do anything. yours is 5 years younger though.

trayson
07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
do you have lights at the cupholders each with their own switches? i haven't turned my lights on in a long time but i think the dash button activates the circuit and each light has its own switch. if each light is switched off the dash button won't appear to do anything. yours is 5 years younger though.

The cupholder lights with the inline switches next to them are actually on the Court Light circuit. Yes, it does have a switch, but it's in addition to the INT LT. The cupholder lights will turn on with the light that's under the passenger/observer seat. My cupholder lights were rusted out, but I was able to tap into that circuit to power the LED's that are in my cupholders as well as the LED's around my speaker grills and the LED's that are above the gunnel teak steps. Woot!

Still at a loss on the INT LT though.

Cusefan78
07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
My int switch turns on the light in my front ski locker under the playpen.

haugy
07-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Yep, check up in your starboard side storage bin. Should be a light in there. Some came with them, some did not, but the switch was on all of them. Real smart.

trayson
07-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Yep, check up in your starboard side storage bin. Should be a light in there. Some came with them, some did not, but the switch was on all of them. Real smart.

I looked around in that bin. No light. That's cool, I can't really see myself using that feature much anyway. That will be a great switch to use for a set of tower spotlights.

haugy
07-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Yep, I normally convert them to something else as well.

foxriverat
07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
On my 96 comp int light switch turns on 2 small lights mounted below passenger observer seat near floor

trayson
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
On my 96 comp int light switch turns on 2 small lights mounted below passenger observer seat near floor

Interesting. I have one light there, but it's on the Court Light switch. Go figure.