PDA

View Full Version : can some one tell my why people risk their own safty to serf behind a i/o

The boy
07-02-2013, 10:53 PM
people in my neighborhood are posting pics of them surfing behind their i/o and that is just stupid it is for your own safety that you do not

villain
07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
its so we can thin the herd i guess. i get people that come into the shop all the time and brag about how they went ropeless. and im like you have a four winns 210....dont surf behind it. they try and argue how its safe.. its not safe. that 4 bladed stainless thingy is like a meat grinder. it wont be all hey look your falling, i will stop now.

The boy
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
it is just stupid people should understand why there i/o company dose not advertise for surfing

cigars n scotch
07-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Spell check is your friend.....

2500HD
07-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I think you spelled it correctly......you have to spell according to the level of stupidity we are talking about. That way if they stumble accross this post they might understand it:D

The boy
07-03-2013, 10:03 PM
correct i think i cant spell and I'm trying to use spell check

villain
07-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Found this boat load of dumb asses on a crown line. 12624

The boy
07-16-2013, 10:04 PM
not even a clean wave

Jetlink
07-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Darwin Award or at least an honorable mention?

seve22xmen
07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Darwin Award or at least an honorable mention?

Should be an automatic award recipient. I come from the i/o crowd and knew that if our family was to start to take up the sport we NEEDED (for sake of safety) to move into a VD or DD rig. An investment in safety is always a good investment.....and it gave me the perfect excuse to buy the boat I always wanted without much argument from the "Commander in Chief". A Supra, of course......

Loadup
07-31-2013, 11:03 AM
If ya gona be stupid, ya better be tuff cause its gona hurt. Now hold my beer and watch this.

phathom
08-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Well the CEO of Centurion commissioned a I/O wakesurf boat to be made for him, and produced more of them just so they could write it off as a production model and business expense.
The Centurion Tsunami
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/68122.jpg

He had it designed with the outboard tucked pretty well into the hull and under the platform for safety sake as you can see in the picture.
I could also see someone "safely" surfing on an I/O with a huge swim platform like that on a Gekko surfing behind an I/O. The wake on it is not the same, nor as clean, and with a huge platform like that, it would probably mess up the wake and not be worth trying anyway.

I saw a stupid video from South America the other day. The girl was riding a regular surf board behind a boat with an outboard, not an I/O, nothing with a platform, but what looked like an aluminum fishing boat with a huge outboard motor.