PDA

View Full Version : Recalibrate perfect pass?

Kdmann64
07-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Just bought an 06 launch 21v and the perfect pass isn't holding speed. The guy I bought it from said it just needs recalibrating. How do I do this? I'm not familiar with perfect pass and haven't played with it much.

villain
07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
get on the website. i think the settings are 120 and 90. cant remember what is what but those numbers are sticking in my head. kdw and NN

Smitty75
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Did you buy your boat Georgia, near columbus? If so I was on my way to check it out when the guy called to tell me he just sold it.

I also just picked up a 2006 and the speed was fluctuating pretty bad 4 mph over/under the set speed. I called pp, and they said I needed the drive by wire upgrade to correct the problem. Only problem is the upgrade is $600. However I inspected the system and found a lot of slack in the cable and servo motor, didn't look like it had ever been adjusted. I adjusted everything per the manual and lubricated the cable and its 95% better. I can keep .5-1 miles both surfing and wakeboarding. Ill probable still do the upgrade in the offseason, but no rush now.

I would check over the system and go through the tests they outline under trouble shooting in the manual. The only section i saw on calibrating had to do with setting the speed of the boat to match the pp reading. however i dont think this would affect holding a set speed

MXZDrew
07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
We had the same issues a few years back when we bought our 07 22SSV. In my case, a large part of the issue was the previous owner replaced a prop with the wrong prop for surfing/boarding. After replacing that, it helped. Then we still had some issues and rather than upgrading to the $600 drive by wire upgrade we purchased a NauticLogic GPS module for our current PP. To my understanding the 'upgrade' will require an additional gauge housing cluttering up my dash something I did not want. The NauticLogic was WAY cheaper ($200ish?) and adds GPS to almost any boat with a paddle wheel speed sensor. It has been extremely accurate and holds speed like a champ! I would recommend this upgrade to anyone.

inair
07-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I really wish I needed to recalibrate my perfect pass.......