PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Wetsounds Setup in 2007 22SSV

MXZDrew
07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Odin @ Earmark for his excellent pre sale and post sale support on our new system in our 2007 22SSV. Odin was also able to offer a package discount and we no doubt got the best pricing I had seen and full warranty. I could not be happier with how it came out and it all went without a hitch. Everything worked as expected the first time we flipped the switich. Odin was spot on with everything we needed to pull off what we were looking for and the system blew my expectations away. I am in Western Michigan and there is not a single boat in my area I have ever seen with a Wetsounds setup on our lake. I see several newer Correct Craft and MC boats running factory systems that sounded decent but this setup definitely stepped up the game here! No comparison at all. For those of you like me, who have never heard a system like this are in for shock. Funny when I look back at some of the posts I read before I bought with naysayers on Wetsounds. Those guys either work for the competition or are a 15 year old talking smack on a computer. The clarity, power and volume of this system is like nothing I have ever heard. I hear things in songs on this boat I have not heard before. We make all the bystanders on the channel walls dance when we float by, watch 10 heads turn in sync from the cabin cruisers as we pass by. Being that there is nothing like this on the lake, the response has seemed pretty positive, just seems to make everyone want to dance and thats a whole lot of fun! I even seen people piloting large sail boats dancing as they drive. Thats a crowd that is typically oil and water against the wake boats here. Just awesome, it added a whole new element of fun to our boat. Although it was a lot of money we had a hard time spending, even my wife looks back with no regrets. I will be putting some pics up soon of the system in this post, hope to get some up this weekend.

Here is a list of what I installed:

Wetsounds 2 amp Wiring Kit
14ga. wire around the boat
14ga. wire in the tower
12ga. wire to the sub
(2) Rev 10 W/RGB LED Rings
(1) Syn 4 Amp powering Rev10
(6) XS-650 W/Built in RGB LED
(1) Syn 6 Amp powering XS-650 through Chan 1-4, Sub Bridged on Chan 5-6
(1) 10" Kicker Sub in factory location
(1) WS-420SQ
(1) Wetsounds RGB LED Controller
Approx. 25 hours of labor to install, not hard, tedious. LOTS of solder and heat shrinking with all the LED & wiring.

Happy to answer any questions on the install or components we chose. Also installed some SeaBlaze 3 Transom LED's today and going to pick up our new Surf Platform from the dealer tomorrow, excited to get that mounted up this weekend too. Will also be posting pics of that stuff separately.

THANKS AGAIN ODIN & EARMARK AUDIO!!

villain
07-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Awesome!!! Now it's time for some pics. Can't tease us like that now!

beat taco
07-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Haven't seen any naysayers on Wetsounds.

MXZDrew
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
I can clarify beattaco, the naysaying I was referring to were from posts and opinions of others that I read. They mainly had to do with saying they are overpriced and other brands can do the same for less money. Perhaps so to some peoples ears. Although I have not heard every system out there, I have yet to hear anything that sounds as good as this system. In the end I still think it's a 'you get what you pay for' proposition so I don't agree with the comments I read that they are overpriced.

Just waiting on a day when my boat is not tore up from use and get some clean pics, will be posting them soon!

kevkev
07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Not looking to start a war, but I personally have heard both and you made the right choice!!!

MXZDrew
07-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks kevkev, very happy to join the club! Still rocking out and loving it, pics added today.

EarmarkMarine
07-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Although I still post under Earmark and still help out on the wake forums, I recently retired from Earmark after 34 years.
In parting I did want to add a few comments about Odin who was my long time coworker.
Odin, who administrates the Earmark on-line store, has been with Earmark since 1992 and has worked in installation, sales, purchasing and management. A musician since 1984, Odin combines his love for music with a technical understanding of audio extending well beyond mobile and marine electronics. Odin has performed with local band Southbound since 1999, worked as the in-house sound engineer for hundreds of local and national touring artists at local music venue Hank’s Texas Grill since 2004 and collects and restores vintage amplifiers.
In support of his customers, Odin has over 75 procedural and instructional installation documents (and the list is growing) including noise elimination and trouble-shooting if you would ever need it down the road. Everything from charging systems to fabrication to system tuning and much more. I would consider Odin, with his considerable prosound background, to be one of the leading experts on system tuning and gain structure. With his guidance the same equipment will absolutely sound better.
So good call to the OP for selecting Odin.

David

EarmarkMarine
07-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words Drew. That was a big project, and from the photos it looks like you did a great job! It's a beautiful boat, the equipment you chose compliments the boat perfectly.

Odin

blackout_58
09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Second shot out to Odin, I came across this thread and thought I would give him a try..... excellent choice.

Before: stock roswell 6.5's

After: Wetsounds Icon 8's

Thanks again Odin

MDVols
11-20-2013, 01:11 PM
I just picked up 4 wetsounds tower speakers myself, can't wait to hear them. And I hope that flag in your boat represents the Tennessee Vols, all I could see of it was the checkerboards. Go Vols!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

blackout_58
11-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Indeed it does, Go Vols! Which speakers did you end up getting?